Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casting Call #3/19 - London and Kent - Can you march ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Genuine job opportunity, see other posts for background.

Age range 18 - 60, male or female.

Extra People
Yesterday at 11:35 ·
Looking for Real/Ex-Military with who have MARCHING experience for Big TV Drama.
Fitting: North London
Filming: Chatham (20th, 21st, 22nd November, 18th December)

Free parking.
FAA PACT Rates.

Only people who have served in the armed forces and can march please apply! Thanks!

You can apply here - https://portal.extra-people.com/apply

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, child and outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

All the jokes about luvvies, fluffers etc have already been done, long ago and better than yours.

And before you ask, yes Dingerr , you are excused this one.

Pay is usually around £140 for a l-o-o-ong and tedious day, mostly spent hanging around. meals are free and usually edible.

Do.
Or do not.
There is no 'TRY'

PM me if you have sensible questions. or contact the Agency direct : team@extra-people.com

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nah, that's just the agency searching Gooogol for a suitable image. No idea what period or even Army they think they are presenting.

And don't get confused. I am signed up with these folk, amongst others, not part of the casting team. It's a direct cut and paste from Farcebook page here Extra People

UK residents only need apply- not worth going through the process if you're outside UK 'cos it doesn't pay much.

And there are a legion of posh kids, in London area , who once stood on a square in their posh school CCF who will want a sniff.

Just so long as they are aware that if this drama involves the British Army prior to the 1920s, then there was no foot stamping in the foot drill movements. Apparently, what we do now is under 100 years old.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well, that WAS fun wasn't it children?

ArrseGrass : This follows nicely from the Tic-Tocking post.
#spooky

Now to link Facebook profiles with Arrse membership........ < Happy Halloween kidz>

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
read post 1

somesmartarrsefromthegetgo said:
And before you ask, yes Dingerr , you are excused this one

Just to illustrate the range of strange requirements the Movie/TV industry really (no...really ) push out - try this one:

-------------- ------------------- ---------------------
SPURS FANS WANTED - OUTREACH - PART 1
Hello,

I am currently working on a production who are looking for REAL Spurs fans.

Is this you?

They would like to know the following:

• Are you a Spurs fan?
  • Do you have a spurs top prior to the 2016 season
Production are looking for people to possibly bring their own.

Let me know below and I will send you more details!

Thank you,

Sir Donald Sinden*

-------------- ------------------ ------------ -------------- ----------

* Names changed to protect the innocent - he was a life-long Gooner IRL.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
read post 1

Just to illustrate the range of strange requirements the Movie/TV industry really (no...really ) push out - try this one:

-------------- ------------------- ---------------------
SPURS FANS WANTED - OUTREACH - PART 1
Hello,

I am currently working on a production who are looking for REAL Spurs fans.

Is this you?

They would like to know the following:

• Are you a Spurs fan?
  • Do you have a spurs top prior to the 2016 season
Production are looking for people to possibly bring their own.

Let me know below and I will send you more details!

Thank you,

Sir Donald Sinden*

-------------- ------------------ ------------ -------------- ----------

* Names changed to protect the innocent - he was a life-long Gooner IRL.
You are really kicking the arrse out of this casting lark, first of all Arrsers that can march, now you want people to admit to being Spurs fans!

You are really kicking the arrse out of this casting lark, first of all Arrsers that can march, now you want people to admit to being Spurs fans!

But you’re a spurs fan.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
being ex-crab can someone enlighten me on this march thing

SQUAD! as you were ....brace up and SHOW THE MOVEMENT!

ahem....Squad! Squad will move to the RIGHT in threes.......RIGHT...SHUFFLE!

Ugh Chatham ;)

Well quite.....v.popular with TV productions because
A) it is within the known compass of the Universe e.g only 29 of your so-called English miles from that there Lahndon

B) The cobbled streets of the old naval Dockyard have been used for Mister Selfridge, Suffragettes,Sanditon etc ad nauseum so Production crews feel familiar.

C) They pre-book the entire Premier Inn as a Unit Base, thus generating free stay nights, unlike the daft sod background artistes who book into the skankiest AirbNb in existence, overlooking a Wetherspoons.

Chatham remains one of the few places I have encountered in UK which requires door staff on the MacDo ...a friend is part of Kent's Finest there - and after 3 years of insanity has put in for a transfer to the garden spot that is Folkestone....

Last edited:
Genuine job opportunity, see other posts for background.

Age range 18 - 60, male or female.

Extra People
Yesterday at 11:35 ·
Looking for Real/Ex-Military with who have MARCHING experience for Big TV Drama.
Fitting: North London
Filming: Chatham (20th, 21st, 22nd November, 18th December)

Free parking.
FAA PACT Rates.

Only people who have served in the armed forces and can march please apply! Thanks!

You can apply here - https://portal.extra-people.com/apply

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, child and outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

All the jokes about luvvies, fluffers etc have already been done, long ago and better than yours.

And before you ask, yes Dingerr , you are excused this one.

Pay is usually around £140 for a l-o-o-ong and tedious day, mostly spent hanging around. meals are free and usually edible.

Do.
Or do not.
There is no 'TRY'

PM me if you have sensible questions. or contact the Agency direct : team@extra-people.com

Not sharing this with the lads on site... £140 is half their rate but they have to work their arses off AND buy their own scran.

Latest Threads