Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casting Call #3/18 - ex pat US folk, London area ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi all,

you may know someone this applies to, even if it isn't for you . No mil experience required. UK based ONLY

For those who have not seen these posts before

• This is a genuine work opportunity
  • All the jokes about casting couches, fluffers and luvvies have already been endlessly done
  • If you meet the spec, and fancy making some pin money - crack on.
  • Casting Collective is a large well-known company providing background people for UK based film and tv, been around a long time. I've been on their books since 2002
  • PM me if you have additional Q's.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
----------------begins---------------

Please spread the word.
We are looking for North American's (USA and Canada) who can work in and around London area on a big new feature film as extras this summer.
Must be currently living in London or surrounding counties.

Specific Urgent Castings for The Casting Collective

1525212268983.png

Must have a North American accent.
We are looking for all North American's who can work in and around London area. (USA and Canada)
All applicants must have a valid National Insurance number, be legally allowed to work in the UK and be over 16 years old (and if 16 completed GCSEs)
Good Rates of Pay.
*If you are already one of our Priority Artistes you will be considered for this anyway and should not apply again.*

Drop an email to HR at some of the Canary Wharf/London based banks - they have wives and kids.

There is also TD Bank - the Canadian one - based in London.

Also a good place for budding thesp's with american accents would be the teaching staff of the American School in London - based out in St. Johns Wood.

You never know, it might prove useful.

Hi all,

you may know someone this applies to, even if it isn't for you . No mil experience required. UK based ONLY

For those who have not seen these posts before

• This is a genuine work opportunity
  • All the jokes about casting couches, fluffers and luvvies have already been endlessly done
  • If you meet the spec, and fancy making some pin money - crack on.
  • Casting Collective is a large well-known company providing background people for UK based film and tv, been around a long time. I've been on their books since 2002
  • PM me if you have additional Q's.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
----------------begins---------------

Please spread the word.
We are looking for North American's (USA and Canada) who can work in and around London area on a big new feature film as extras this summer.

Specific Urgent Castings for The Casting Collective

View attachment 333140

We are looking for all North American's who can work in and around London area. (USA and Canada)
All applicants must have a valid National Insurance number, be legally allowed to work in the UK and be over 16 years old (and if 16 completed GCSEs)
Good Rates of Pay.
*If you are already one of our Priority Artistes you will be considered for this anyway and should not apply again.*

Offering employment to one specific Nationality is by definition discrimination on grounds of Race.

If my application was bunged in and rejected because I'm a Limey f*cking stand by.

Offering employment to one specific Nationality is by definition discrimination on grounds of Race.

If my application was bunged in and rejected because I'm a Limey f*cking stand by.

Meh! Maybe.

Me, @Roadster280 & @SOCALSapper for deffo, we have merrykan travel chitty's nowadays so if we presented ourselves with our best received pronunciation and they fceked us orf then we could have them for diskrimynashun. I know North Americans with Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese, Hispanic and Russian accents.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

I've put on some weight and can be very obnoxious - all I need to do is fake the accent

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Would you apply if it said only those with no legs were applicable?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would you apply if it said only those with no legs were applicable?

Being legless is not a nationality - excepting the Scottish of course.

also

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well, you fùcked that one up!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

that'll teach me to get clever using my sodding phone while at the bar,

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Film industry is exempt buddy - sue away.

If you need 'Asian Nationals for chop socky rip-off starring Jit loo and jacky Shan' then that's what you are free to advertise for.'

Check psyche for Blairite conditioning: Discrimination legislation does NOT cover all forms employment.

Any more than 'Health and Safety,innit ? ' covers any situation the speaker chooses.... qv: Top 10 worst health and safety myths

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

y'all london based ? Dig in, fill yer boots son. Pass to amigos who may be able to do the time.

Noo Yawkers welcome, Califonians no problemo, Texans - we'll try !

Last edited:
Don't Equity rules state something like "More than 5 spoken words and you need an Equity card?"
Still, it could be a good opportunity. My Northern , Lancashire, accent may not be acceptable. :cool:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nope, no Equity card required.

<sigh> for the benefit of the hard of reading, once more with feeling:

So...last time I looked beautiful Lancashire's petition to Congress to become the 53rd State had yet to pass?

Serious job opportunity folks, albeit a few days work at best.......no Union card required. No fake Merkin accents please.

Casting Collective await your call with bated breath....

For those who may be into that sort of thing : Casting Collective (@extrascastings) | Twitter

This one may be of interest to wider (UK based) audience:

Military experience wanted for major new TV Drama

Have you been in the Armed Forces?
  • Are you a soldier, ex soldier or still serving?
  • Have you been in, or are you currently in the Territorial Army?
  • Have you been in the foreign military?

Would like to work as a film extra ?

You must be: Aged 18 - 60 with Military Experience and available to film in the London & the South East of England.

You must have a UK National Insurance number.

Due to filming locations, we're looking for people who currently live in London or surrounding counties.

Last edited: