Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casting Call #10/20 -Manchester ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi all,

this is a genuine work opportunity in the Manchester Area.

(
If you live in USA - but have a friend called Dave from Manchester who we must all know, or come from Plockton, Indian Queens or Curry Mallet please don't bother applying. )

Manchester Call
YJBxzP

See any of the other Casting Call messages for info.
Some people on this Board [me, @Joker or @Ravers for example) have worked in these jobs and will give you chapter and verse if required.

The money is real, there's a lot of hanging around and the food is usually edible.

All productions are Covid-compliant, so you will be working in socially distanced bubbles wherever possible.

All the jokes about 'fluffers', 'casting couches', 'luvvies' and #MeToo have already been done, long ago and by wittier people.

Do.
Or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'

Merry Christmas Arrserine :)

Last edited:
So Ravers has an equity card? Explains his hobby this weekend then.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
So Ravers has an equity card? Explains his hobby this weekend then.

Nope, doesn't need one for this work.

Neither have I, been doing occasional Extra stuff since 2002.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
<sigh> every time I post one of these, purely for the Good & Benefit of the Troop , I say all the funnies have been done long ago, better and with more wit.

And yet - you persist....

@Oops - if the production wants a 'typical street scene' then guess what?

A salad-dodging hypertensive Lancastrian redneck dressed to the nines from Primani a decade ago may be EXACTLY what they want.

But you won't know till you actually TRY will ya?

Once more , with feeling - for the hard of reading:
1608596319336.png

Nope, doesn't need one for this work.

Neither have I, been doing occasional Extra stuff since 2002

. <sigh> every time I post one of these, purely for the Good & Benefit of the Troop , I say all the funnies have been done long ago, better and with more wit.

Obviously doesn't know about Ravers Cinematic endeavours this last weekend...
All the funnies have been done before eh? Pretty sure Ravers hasn't been recreating famous movie scenes before this weekend.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
<yawn> ....pretty sure you asked exactly the same question in the thread entitled Casting Call #3/2017?

Fill yer boots bud.

Ce mette egale

What's an Artist ID Number ? Asking for a friend ( no , really )
ID number is given when you register with the agent. Just a filing system, how things work is. A casting director will ask an agent for, people of this sex, age, colour etc. Agent emails all who fit profile "are you available on date", details of those available sent to casting director, who makes final decision.
Turn up at appointed place on time, hang around, drink tea, do what you are told. Fill in paperwork, make sure it's signed and you keep the copy. After a long time you get paid oftain after broadcast or release.
Won't make a fortune but interesting times and some bragging rights.
I once did five days on one job, dog was on 18 quid a day.

CFB

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bragging rights:

'Born A King' - 2017
1608927436549.png

1608928128894.png

'War Machine' - 2017

Last edited:

Latest Threads