Casting Call 1/20 - Live in reach of Blackpool ?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you live within a reasonable reach of Blackpool, Lancs - this may be of interest: ( @Kirkz ?)

Piece of Cake Casting Ltd

16 December 2019 ·
Blackpool 2020.

Do you, or someone you know live in the Blackpool area and would like to take part in a feature film?.
We are looking for all ages and ethnicities who will be available for filming from Feb onwards.
You must have the right to work in the UK with a National Insurance number and most importantly have a profile with us.
If you are already in this area and are registered you will be considered.
If you do not have a profile please follow this link. https://www.pieceofcakecasting.com/become-an-artiste/

Their FB page HERE has phone numbers and Message area if you have further questions..

NOTE

Travel and accommodation will be at your own expense please consider the logistics and commitment before confirming your availability;

Dates as follows:

FITTINGS
- Commencing the week of 10th Feb @ Pinewood Studios.

LADIES: You will be fitted in a corset - please decline if this is an issue

BLACKPOOL
FILMING DATES -

2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th March. MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL YOU WILL BE STRICT CONTINUITY

RATES FOR BLACKPOOL FILMING - £135 for 12hr day & £5 per half hour of overtime.
-------------- ---------------- ---------------- -----------

@Ravers and a few others have done this work. Not much pay, but it can be fun and you get fed.

As per earlier posts this is a genuine work opportunity.

Do.

Or do not.

There is no 'Try'

Kirkz

LE
No good for me Mukker I'm fully employed but I'll certainly pass on the info to some people it may be of use too.

Old Bill love location shoots taking place on their manor and are genetically primed to locate the catering wagon within seconds few. Tea and stickies on tap.

Alright Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

Old Bill love location shoots taking place on their manor and are genetically primed to locate the catering wagon within seconds few. Tea and stickies on tap.

Alright Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.
The food can be pretty damn good depending on who is doing the catering. Posh nosh out of the back of a converted bus.

The overtime rate is actually less than the standard rate! Never seen that before. Bargain! :)

The food can be pretty damn good depending on who is doing the catering. Posh nosh out of the back of a converted bus.
A few years back I (and another dozen or so ex Mil ) did 3 days stunt work and acting on a film 'Christabel'.
One night we had to jump into the back garden of a Stately Home and then beat the crap out of Geoffrey Palmer.
At about 0130 hrs we retired to the Catering wagon for superbly cooked steak, chips , salad etc.
Next to the catering wagon was a small refrigerated truck filled to the brim with cases of Becks beer.
A thoroughly enjoyable evening in good company.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The overtime rate is actually less than the standard rate! Never seen that before. Bargain! :)
There are loads of weird contractual things in the film industry. Everything is agreed by the unions.

I seem to recall when I did extra work, even 1 minute over the standard 12 hour shift, constituted an extra days pay.

Or something like that. Anyway it was a lot of money. All the seasoned “full time” extras where clock watching and praying we’d go over. There may even have been a little bit of faffing around and disappearing to the bog to drag things out.

You also got about 30 quid extra if they had to alter your appearance in any way. So 30 quid for a haircut and / or a shave.

Always rock up unshaven just in case.

Pretty easy to clear over 200 quid (after agency fees) for sitting around all day and then milling around in the background for a few minutes.

AD723257-1E59-48BD-8308-99C8FD32CC8A.jpeg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
There are loads of weird contractual things in the film industry. Everything is agreed by the unions.

I seem to recall when I did extra work, even 1 minute over the standard 12 hour shift, constituted an extra days pay.

Or something like that. Anyway it was a lot of money. All the seasoned “full time” extras where clock watching and praying we’d go over. There may even have been a little bit of faffing around and disappearing to the bog to drag things out.

You also got about 30 quid extra if they had to alter your appearance in any way. So 30 quid for a haircut and / or a shave.

Always rock up unshaven just in case.

Pretty easy to clear over 200 quid (after agency fees) for sitting around all day and then milling around in the background for a few minutes.

View attachment 445499
You played a lamp?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
yeah ....on London (FAA) jobs overtime is paid at £17 per hour.....as Ravers said ^ on most large scale productions the Union and management have an agreed set of rates, which are constantly being bickered over:

2AD:' Is that your own Dinner Jacket - or ours?'
Goats: ' Mine'
2AD: ' Okay....that's another 19 quid'

BBC Productions have a separate set of rates.

For anyone who has done any kind of ordinary job the whole industry is gob-smacking.

But bear in mind, this is all about MONEY - and a lot of it.
These folks all take this stuff desperately seriously because it is their LIVELIHOOD, so you better had too.

Here y'go: PACT/FAA rates for Supporting Artists as of 1st March 2019

@Kirkz - If I get picked for this ( they are also shooting in London and Chichester) and bring my own dossbag and roll-mat - have you got floor-space?

Reasonably house-trained....Promise not to even breathe on the sacred vinyl collection (let alone touch it!) :)

Oh - and taking a leaf out of Raver's book

- Channel 4 series 'Megastructures'

Channel 4 - Megastructures small.jpg

- finally got my hands on an MP40. And yes, the shades are sh1t....sue me.

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
yeah ....on London (FAA) jobs overtime is paid at £17 per hour.....as Ravers said ^ on most large scale productions the Union and management have an agreed set of rates, which are constantly being bickered over:

2AD:' Is that your own Dinner Jacket - or ours?'
Goats: ' Mine'
2AD: ' Okay....that's another 19 quid'

BBC Productions have a separate set of rates.

For anyone who has done any kind of ordinary job the whole industry is gob-smacking.

But bear in mind, this is all about MONEY - and a lot of it.
These folks all take this stuff desperately seriously because it is their LIVELIHOOD, so you better had too.

Here y'go: PACT/FAA rates for Supporting Artists as of 1st March 2019

@Kirkz - If I get picked for this ( they are also shooting in London and Chichester) and bring my own dossbag and roll-mat - have you got floor-space?

Reasonably house-trained....Promise not to even breathe on the sacred vinyl collection (let alone touch it!) :)

Oh - and taking a leaf out of Raver's book

- Channel 4 series 'Megastructures'

View attachment 445523

- finally got my hands on an MP40. And yes, the shades are sh1t....sue me.
I'm sure I can find room to shoehorn you in somewhere Mukker.

Latest Threads