Cast iron fire place

The boss wants me to put a decorative fire place in, after getting the bits off ebay I now have to work out how to fix a cast iron fire place to the wall, it dosnt need to be sealed in as its not going to be used, does anyone have any ideas how to fix it to the wall as it has no bracket to mount it?

Nothing in the world that can't be fixed with no more nails (according to my builder!).
I tried to fix a blocked Sinus with it. Thankfully it wasn't on me but an infant whose suffocation and reasonably painful death wasn't important. Your builder may need to put in a small clause whilst making sweeping statements.

The_Duke

LE
I tried to fix a blocked Sinus with it. Thankfully it wasn't on me but an infant whose suffocation and reasonably painful death wasn't important. Your builder may need to put in a small clause whilst making sweeping statements.
You just used the wrong type. Even a fool like you should know than you need the quick grip variety for sinus problems.

It's going back a bit, but doesn't the decorative front fix to the cast iron grate (bolts go through the grate into threaded holes in the back of the frontage). Sounds like you're missing the fire grate.

I could be wrong, it's about 40 years since I messed about with one.

you said it would work for my TV, are you back peddling?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
have you tried big magnets and no more nails?

does'nt the fire place ( mantle ) hold the thing in ??