Casio fx-570

Miss OB is doing maths now, the difficult stuff .

Got out my old Casio fx570 . We all “ had “ to buy one in 87 as it was the dog bollocks then..

Supprised mine is still working.

I think I paid 60quid for it? Which was a lot in those days .

0068396B-F173-487B-A382-3C1ACABE25F6.jpeg

They still work, but the displays are different to modern calculators which display the function as well as the digits - if she uses your old one and then a new one she could end up putting things in in the wrong order, for example if you want to find the tangent of an angle, on the old calculator you put the angle in then hit the tan button, whereas in the new version you out the equation in - the tangent button first.

I dug out my old one as a spare in one lesson and my student couldn't drive it!

You can get a new calculator that will cover anything from pre gcse to A level for under a tenner.

They still work, but the displays are different to modern calculators which display the function as well as the digits - if she uses your old one and then a new one she could end up putting things in in the wrong order, for example if you want to find the tangent of an angle, on the old calculator you put the angle in then hit the tan button, whereas in the new version you out the equation in - the tangent button first.

I dug out my old one as a spare in one lesson and my student couldn't drive it!

You can get a new calculator that will cover anything from pre gcse to A level for under a tenner.
Doing easy stuff like { [ 3:5:7+4x345] } : xyz~x567]}

Much easier to use the calc app on the pad.

Just thinking about it or them I remember learning about Polish maths as that’s how the bloody things worked then.

Trying to explain binary , decimal and hex to Mrs OB today was , well quite interesting.

Just thinking about it or them I remember learning about Polish maths as that’s how the bloody things worked then.

Trying to explain binary , decimal and hex to Mrs OB today was , well quite interesting.

Indeed - there are 10 types of people. Those who understand Binary.....