Cash for peerages !

'Cash for peerages' row as Blair honours top donors
'Cronyism' controversy reignited as leaked list of new peers includes Labour's millionaire friends

By Marie Woolf, Political Editor
Published: 23 October 2005
Tony Blair is to reward a clutch of millionaire Labour Party donors - including the head of the Priory celebrity rehabilitation clinic - with peerages, The Independent on Sunday has learnt.

In a move that will trigger a fresh row over "cash for honours", Mr Blair is to elevate to the Lords four businessmen who between them have given almost half a million pounds to the party.

John
Well I have always said Blur runs the corrupt party since Lloyd George.

Mate, the purchase of knighthoods, peerages etc has been rife almost since their inception. Back when Adam was a boy, the old monarch would indulge in outrageous profiteering from flogging off the odd knighthood or two in order to finance some foreign 'expedition' in order to give johnny foreigner a bloody nose. Mr Bliar and his gang are merely continuing the motion. They all do it - if it's not for money then for a political favour - which translates as power.

Power and money, the root of all evil. Give me more.

Storeman Norman said:
Mate, the purchase of knighthoods, peerages etc has been rife almost since their inception. Back when Adam was a boy, the old monarch would indulge in outrageous profiteering from flogging off the odd knighthood or two in order to finance some foreign 'expedition' in order to give johnny foreigner a bloody nose. Mr Bliar and his gang are merely continuing the motion. They all do it - if it's not for money then for a political favour - which translates as power.

Power and money, the root of all evil. Give me more.
My paltry donation to the Labour party is on its way as I quite fancy being Lord Hat of Arrse!

B

Biscuits_AB

I reckon I could buy a small title with part of my gratuity............Sir The Right Honourable Biscuits of A Bernethy sounds about right. Then I can dress up like one of those Yanks on the other thread and strut about like Rob Roy.

Latest Threads