Cash, are its days numbered?

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Who knows, but it backfired. It seems some people forget that the US security umbrella can be withdrawn.
I've often wondered why the USA didn't simply colonize Saudi Arabia back in the 1950s and take all the oil directly. It's a pretty empty sparse country really and I doubt there could have been much opposition mounted.

Probably too late now, with China rising in power and the USA (slowly) declining in influence.

I've often wondered why the USA didn't simply colonize Saudi Arabia back in the 1950s and take all the oil directly. It's a pretty empty sparse country really and I doubt there could have been much opposition mounted.

Probably too late now, with China rising in power and the USA (slowly) declining in influence.
Who would want it?

People keep talking about the decline of American influence. But Obama started this trend with the no longer leading from the front on every single issue. It ain't all that it is cracked up to be when you look at whom you are supposed to be leading. The Chinese are far from certain, and have several problems of their own. They just hide it better.

There were some very upset Russians, Iranians and Chinese with Billions and Billions of Euros hiding in bank accounts. Not sure about any dispensation but ever since there have been lots of 'Big Buck' developments, Villas, Hotels, Marinas and office blocks popping up everywhere. Simple deal is, you invest €2 million in a business, buy a property valued over €500k and BOOM, courtesy of the Cypriot government you get an EU Passport.

Latest Threads