Case dropped, police won't tell you for 7 days?!

Genuinely perplexed on this one.

Doctor who killed himself did not know police investigation dropped Doctor who killed himself did not know police investigation dropped

Basically historical allegation, that ruin this guy's life to such a point he killed himself (stabbed himself apparently).

But the case was dropped 24hrs prior to his death. The police didn't tell him because of guidelines stating the complainant must be told first and then seven days must go by (surely an eternity) before the accused could be told the case was dropped.

Surely this sort of thing should be dealt with quicker than that...

Why is this so?

Bee Companeeee

Old-Salt

Doctor who killed himself did not know police investigation dropped Doctor who killed himself did not know police investigation dropped

Basically historical allegation, that ruin this guy's life to such a point he killed himself (stabbed himself apparently).

But the case was dropped 24hrs prior to his death. The police didn't tell him because of guidelines stating the complainant must be told first and then seven days must go by (surely an eternity) before the accused could be told the case was dropped.

Why is this so?
I'm guessing it's to do with the the time scales for a victims right to have a decision to discontinue reviewed. Normally within 5 days from being informed of decision and in certain cases up to 3 months.

I'm guessing it's to do with the the time scales for a victims right to have a decision to discontinue reviewed. Normally within 5 days from being informed of decision and in certain cases up to 3 months.
I can see the logic, and it may be policy/ law, but that seems wrong to me. In effect the Police are on one hand telling the accuser that the investigation is dropped and on the other that there is an assumption of (possible) guilt. It would seem to me that the right thing to do is to tell the accused that the case is dropped but that it could be picked up again on appeal by the accuser.

I can see the logic, and it may be policy/ law, but that seems wrong to me. In effect the Police are on one hand telling the accuser that the investigation is dropped and on the other that there is an assumption of (possible) guilt. It would seem to me that the right thing to do is to tell the accused that the case is dropped but that it could be picked up again on appeal by the accuser.
That would seem fair to me.

The case is dropped, tell both.

Done.

Equal and fair. Bearing in mind the accusing party could be the guilty party.

Is information about the accusation, not necessarily the accuser,made available in such a case?

Why is this so?
Would YOU kill yourself over an allegation if you knew that you were Innocent?

All he's done is justify the alleged victims words...and he/she may be a lying whore/prick?

All he's done is justify the alleged victims words...and he/she may be a lying whore/prick?
In today's climate I'd imagine that the pressure could become too much for some. Personally, I am of the opinion I won't be checking out until a good few of my tormentors lead the way...

Your second paragraph illustrates why. The belief that if you have no guilt then you have nothing to fear is patently untrue in today's information hungry world. Where the mere accusation is deemed proof enough.

People who are subjected to mud slinging don't walk from court unstained.

A court case isn't necessarily about what actually happened, it's about what the jury believes happened, 'tain't the same thing. No smoke without a fire, right?
A person's mental condition can very easily deteriorate in these circumstances.
I suspect that it isn't the guilt that leads to the suicide, that's too simplistic. The very real prospect of being convicted of a serious offence when in actual fact you never done it...

There's a Hope in North Wales too, ironically in the arrse end of Wales

That’s Hooe you’re thinking of. It’s actually nearer to Bexhill.But I don’t live there.
He is thinking of Hove. These days false rape allegations destroy blokes, their lives, careers, marriages, the whole rape thing is so weighted in favour of a female accuser that a bloke is destroyed before it even gets to the charging, or not. The Woman will get away with making a false allegation while the bloke is left to try and salvage his life.

In today's climate I'd imagine that the pressure could become too much for some. Personally, I am of the opinion I won't be checking out until a good few of my tormentors lead the way...

Your second paragraph illustrates why. The belief that if you have no guilt then you have nothing to fear is patently untrue in today's information hungry world. Where the mere accusation is deemed proof enough.

People who are subjected to mud slinging don't walk from court unstained.

Today's climate? Proof enough? Unstained? For sure, many often likes to use the no smoke without fire nonsense, .....but if you know you're innocent, FECK the opinions of others and fall back onto your strength of character, determination and bloody mindedness along with support from the small but select group of friends and family who have seen you are your best, your worst and everything in between.

The day I GAF about the opinion of some stranger or two bob , fair weather acquaintance will be my undoing.

Today's climate? Proof enough? Unstained? For sure, many often likes to use the no smoke without fire nonsense, .....but if you know you're innocent, FECK the opinions of others and fall back onto your strength of character, determination and bloody mindedness along with support from the small but select group of friends and family who have seen you are your best, your worst and everything in between.

The day I GAF about the opinion of some stranger or two bob , fair weather acquaintance will be my undoing.
Until your neighbors are pulling their kids in as you walk past.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Compare how sex issues for people in public life are treated in France with here

Yes he has withdrawn from the election race, but not because of the media or his opponents calling for it. Indeed his opponents have said it is horrendous his private life is being thrown up by his tormentor, a Russian attention seeker.

In this country his opponents and media would be screaming for his head on a spike on Tower Bridge!

If you were accused of sex crimes against children, as in this case, I suspect that you would very soon GAF.

Latest Threads