CAS for FIBUA: B-1 bomber!!!

I assume the plan is not to use this aircraft by dropping one huge nuclear device to resolve the situation once and for all, but to provide a visible presence with multiple munition capability and huge time-on-station duration.

I guess it's better than the odd flypast by a GR.7/9 which is all we can manage these days.

BBC said:
How the US plans to 'retake' Baghdad

No-one is declaring victory, but the first few days of the new security operation in Baghdad have seen a significant fall in violence.

The commander of the US side of the operation, Maj Gen Joseph Fil, said: "There's an air of suspense throughout the city... Many of these extremists are laying low and watching us to see what we do and how we do it."

The Americans are working to a much more aggressive military doctrine than before.

The frequent presence of a B1 "Lancer" bomber - making a huge din as it flies low over the skies of the city day and night - is a reminder of that.

This is the first time since the invasion in 2003 that fixed-wing bombers of this type have been seen here routinely.

Cont/...

Seriously my faith has been restored in the chimp, 'the surge' strategy is pure genius not only do the Americans win on a technicality but what a way quick and easy to demolish all that Sunni infrastructure so that that Shi'ite redevelopment can begin in Baghdad.

castlereagh said:
Seriously my faith has been restored in the chimp, 'the surge' strategy is pure genius not only do the Americans win on a technicality but what a way quick and easy to demolish all that Sunni infrastructure so that that Shi'ite redevelopment can begin in Baghdad.
Bacause of course that is going to happen