Cartoon Protester Guilty Of Incitement To Murder

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jul 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6273188.stm (C) BBC News.

The wheels of justice might grind slow, but they do grind. :D Mr Rahman is off on his holidays as a guest of Her Majesty - no knews yet as to how long he'll be away.

2. Good, hopefully anyone of any faith etc etc will now think twice of gobbing off in public.

3. Good stuff! I suppose if it was a Christian (not that Christian fundamentalism isnt just as bad as Islamic equivalent sometimes) who had wished death on homosexuals he would have been banged up far quicker. Or a Jew who wished death on Iranians for example. Just a thought. :?

4. Good to see this looney tune is safely parked away but what about the rest of his like minded peers?

5. Good. I don't care what people think in the privacy of their own minds, but when they try to put it into practice or encourage others to do so, it has to be lawful.

Hopefully , he won't see the outside world for a long time.

6. I do, especially if it is thoughts like this.

Its funny how they say stuff about europe and britian, just before retiring to their comfy houses in the east end.

7. Definitely agreed Steph ... if he's not British ... why isn't he being deported??? If things are so bad ... sod off home!!!

8. I don't doubt for a minute that I think things others find objectionable. I know for a fact plenty of people on this forum openly advocate visiting death aand destruction on others (chavs, traffic wardens, the PC Brigade). My point is, I want the right to think these things. That means I have to put up with others thinking things I find disgusting.

So long as none of us act on them, we can keep a civilised society going. That's the line this bloke crossed, and he got his come-uppance.

9. Don't wish to put a damper on it, but he hasn't been sentenced yet.

A liberal, caring, guardian-reading judge may still give him a soft sentence or a stiff dose of community service (some painting of a mosque wall should do it). Even if he is banged away for a few months - remision, time served and the current guvmnt policy of early release will see him out in no time. Look forward to the bill for housing him at HM pleasure as well - time for more special prayer facilities, an Iman, islamic toilets, reading materials, privacy/solitary and whatever special food he needs. Kerching!!

10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I wouldn't have thought that he'll get community service. Three others got between 6 1/2 years and 10 years for incitement to terrorism. In todays climate, community service won't be an option.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Careful now esteemed fellows and ladies. How many of us here have wished ill of the Dear Leader? Would we suffer the same fate if caught?