Carters replacement as CDS

Interviews have been done/are underway.

I hope one of the filtering questions is "Will you **** a subordinate wife after he has approached you with MH issues".
Might save some future embarrassment.

I hope one of the filtering questions is "Will you **** a subordinate wife after he has approached you with MH issues".
Might save some future embarrassment.
Answer - ''Only if OMO packet is in kitchen window''

81NPbITgWhL._AC_SY679_.jpg

And will the Senior "Enlisted" Leader be a WO or an OF3 who enjoys dressing up as a WO?

Only if they’re from the Army - the RN/RM/RAF candidates are all WOs1…

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Since nobody seems to have posted it - it's Radakin.

As a late observation, dear god the Guardian's military coverage is appallingly inaccurate. Fairly sure Sanders was never SF, unless he made the unique choice never to wear his wings at all ever, on any dress. Are they possibly confusing "in charge of Cyber and Special Forces" (yeah, sort of, not really) with "Special Forces veteran"?

I mean there are bots on this site that could probably show better research skills than whatever interns the Guardian put on the Defence desk.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
posted on multiple threads about a week ago ;-)
Yes, but not confirmed until today, which - correct me if wrong - I've not seen elsewhere. ARRSE may occasionally be useful and even more occasionally correct, but it's not quite reliable enough to take rumours as fact.

@RCT(V) What an odd disagree. Is it not Radakin? Is the Guardian coverage actually high quality?

Edit: That makes more sense.

Last edited:
@RCT(V) What an odd disagree. Is it not Radakin? Is the Guardian coverage actually high quality?
Yes, it was an odd DISAGREE . . . meant to be an OLD . . . by nearly a week, when it was posted by others in the "MoD NEWS" thread, and the "Royal Navy" thread, on 07 October. Both probably more reliable than the Guardian ;) .

Just changed it to the OLD, as originally intended.

Last edited:
Yes, it was an odd DISAGREE . . . meant to be an OLD . . . by nearly a week, when it was posted by others in the "MoD NEWS" thread, and the "Royal Navy" thread, on 07 October. Both probably more reliable than the Guardian ;) .

Just changed it to the OLD, as originally intended.
Well I've given him a disagree just for his "nobody seems to have posted it" comment. I announced it here on ARRSE on 30 Sept, telling @Boris_Johnson to sit on it till 7 Oct, which he did. Sanders got a bit huffy and leaked it to the Telegraph on 6 Oct but I've sorted him out now.

It was formally announced on Monday I think.

It’s been all over the defence intranet etc.

Since nobody seems to have posted it - it's Radakin.

As a late observation, dear god the Guardian's military coverage is appallingly inaccurate. Fairly sure Sanders was never SF, unless he made the unique choice never to wear his wings at all ever, on any dress. Are they possibly confusing "in charge of Cyber and Special Forces" (yeah, sort of, not really) with "Special Forces veteran"?

I mean there are bots on this site that could probably show better research skills than whatever interns the Guardian put on the Defence desk.
The Guardian don't have a Defence desk.
They have a Fascist Baby-eating Satanic Warmonger desk.
Do keep up.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It was formally announced on Monday I think.

It’s been all over the defence intranet etc.
Takes time for news to travel around the world. Thought it was announced today.

You don't actually expect an intelligence officer to tell you things before they happen, do you? Four days later is much faster than the average!

Takes time for news to travel around the world. Thought it was announced today.

You don't actually expect an intelligence officer to tell you things before they happen, do you? Four days later is much faster than the average!
Wireless playing up?

Flashing light not shiny enough?

You need flag hoists young man!

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wireless playing up?

Flashing light not shiny enough?

You need flag hoists young man!
Nobody directly told me to do it, so I decided I would wait until they did.*

* This was actually the excuse used by D INT CORPS to CGS circa 2008 to Andover when CGS told them Army G2 was rubbish. I shit you not.

* This was actually the excuse used by D INT CORPS to CGS circa 2008 to Andover when CGS told them Army G2 was rubbish. I shit you not.
Oh my.

I’m Army through and through, but from the outside looking in, the current 1SL looks to be an impressive individual and an excellent selection for CDS.
However, can our Navy colleagues reassure us that he is not the type to be be hugging Medal recipients?!
He will Probly have them in the barrel.
Bummed ruffly.

Good for the soul.

if you are a Jack submarine fneckwit

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Do what?

Or not do what?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes, but not confirmed until today, which - correct me if wrong - I've not seen elsewhere. ARRSE may occasionally be useful and even more occasionally correct, but it's not quite reliable enough to take rumours as fact.

Edit: That makes more sense.

He announced it himself last week on Twitter

Radakin (2).jpeg

Latest Threads