Carrying the LMG

Having been dicked with taking the LMG for the tour we are going on in a few weeks time, Ive not had the chance to find this out myself.So Im asking the wisdom of Arrse what works well.

Is belt kit the way to go?Or some kind of rig?Any hints or helps would be great.

If you've got the money and the time you can get Boris (the old creaky git ) to make you up a minimi rig ive seen one of his gpmg rigs. very nice.
p.s you can find boris on here

spaz said:
Cpt_Darling said:
Is belt kit the way to go?Or some kind of rig?Any hints or helps would be great.
Does it need to be compatible with Osprey?
Im going to be wearing Osprey rather alot so yes it will.

Quite a few of the LMG gunners in my coy for telic got themselves the US minimi sling from the PX, they all thought it was much better.

That might be an option, my current plan was to just use a gpmg sling.

Cpt_Darling said:
Having been dicked with taking the LMG for the tour we are going on in a few weeks time, Ive not had the chance to find this out myself.So Im asking the wisdom of Arrse what works well.

https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/products/?dv=3&value=421

Or there is the mini-me commanders rig. Expensive but kit seems pretty pukka. A few of our lads have got some and has done them well.

PLCE - Its not only free its the best option for much time spent in the prone. It certainly saw me reet anyhoo. Just sign out an extra utility pouch.

does anyone make specifically designed pouches that will hold a one hundred round soft pouch nice and snugly? Preferibly molle, One thats not going to rattle like hell when your on the move and also wont fall to bits the first time you hit the deck!

I'm an old git from the 80s, please tell me that the army isnt making you use the old bren conversion thing with a banana magazine on top ? please tell me that there is a new version of LMG ?

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
sempra said:
I'm an old git from the 80s, please tell me that the army isnt making you use the old bren conversion thing with a banana magazine on top ? please tell me that there is a new version of LMG ?
FN Minimi ("Mini Mitrailleuse" - mini machinegun). Designated the M249 "SAW" (Squad Automatic Weapon) by the US Army who have used it since the 1980's and, inventively enough, LMG by us or more properly L108A1 (there is a 'para' L110A1 version also). Note the LSW was also designated an LMG until this came into service.

On RV Ops there is an LMG Gunners chest rig, Molle Kit. Its what i'm going for for my Herrick tour.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Weapons, Equipment & Rations 16
FNUSNU Int Corps 9
barbarasson Gunners 16