Carrying the LMG

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cpt_Darling, Feb 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having been dicked with taking the LMG for the tour we are going on in a few weeks time, Ive not had the chance to find this out myself.So Im asking the wisdom of Arrse what works well.

Is belt kit the way to go?Or some kind of rig?Any hints or helps would be great.

2. Just out of interest (away from threats) are there any good slings out there for carrying the LMG

3. Does it need to be compatible with Osprey?

4. If you've got the money and the time you can get Boris (the old creaky git ) to make you up a minimi rig ive seen one of his gpmg rigs. very nice.
    p.s you can find boris on here

5. Im going to be wearing Osprey rather alot so yes it will.

6. Quite a few of the LMG gunners in my coy for telic got themselves the US minimi sling from the PX, they all thought it was much better.

7. That might be an option, my current plan was to just use a gpmg sling.

8. https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/products/?dv=3&value=421

Or there is the mini-me commanders rig. Expensive but kit seems pretty pukka. A few of our lads have got some and has done them well.

9. Can you buy them online ?

10. not sure tbh, I cant remember the name of the manufacturer.
    I tink it was their generic PX supplier though if that helps

11. Puttees Snr reckons this is the best way to carry one:

[​IMG]

12. PLCE - Its not only free its the best option for much time spent in the prone. It certainly saw me reet anyhoo. Just sign out an extra utility pouch.