Carry on up the Khyber has to be the funniest Carry On.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by re-stilly, Dec 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Out of all the Carry On films it ahs to be the funniest, I know it lacks Bab Windsor's assets but the writing was the best.

2. Agreed, timeless and priceless.

3. Classic.......Lady Roughdiamond "Oh dear, I seem to have got a little plastered"

4. The Khasi of Kalabar: [unimpressed by the Fakirs performance] Bring
    on the dancing girls. Get rid of this idiot!
    Bungdit Din: Fakir! Off

5. I used to use it as an educational film for foreign history students; a colleague accused me of insulting Islam by doing so. Wanker. When I used Love Thy Neighbour in the section on immigration she got really cross.

6. I would comment, but it's time for tiffin..............

7. The scene that gets me giggling is at the Dinner Table when they are under attack,
    Belcher's antics and the poor Musicians taking a battering, check out the mistake
    when Sir Sidney goes outside, the Burpa approaches him and Sir Sid..........well look
    at it yourself, you'll spot it straight away.

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

It ranks up there with 'Carry on England' & Carry on Sargent' in my opinion..

9. 51st Highland Volunteers cleaverly used this "recruitment" film to get me to swear the Oath! Cunning buggers.

In the words of Captain Keene "I don't like making guesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if there hadn't been a spot of foul play here".

10. "Bullocks, Mr. Belcher"

11. Am i gonna die sir?
    Course you are son, youre full of holes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Someone told me the Film was banned from TV at the start of GW1, it should have
    been shown to everyone involved before GW1 kicked off.....put every bugger in a
    good mood!

• Like Like x 1
  13. slightly off topic anecdote. I wandered into my local once on quiz night and some of my drinking buddies were playing. One question was name as many carry on films as possible and being the font of useless information i got about 80% of them. My street cred has never been the same. But yes it is the funniest

14. There's always time for tiffin

15. But the best line has to be from Cleo-
    Kenneth Williams as Julius
    "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"
    Carry on Cleo - Infamy - YouTube

And Amanda Barrie was quite fit in her day.