• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Carrier pigeons navigation

Hi
I am writing my exam project about carrier pigeons during 2WW. But I am also writing something about their ability to navigate. And there to, I have to answer a question if pigeons still will be able to navigate, if they are exposed to EMP?

During the day, they've theorised that pigeons use the position of the sun as a navigation tool and sometimes use familiar smells too. So I suppose that would mean that an EMP would only throw the pigeons off during night flight or overcast weather. God knows how it'd be proved though unless someone somewhere has tracked pigeons after a nuclear detonation!

None the less, you have provided me with alot more information than I have found during hours of search. Again thanks alot, you have been a great help!

Latest Threads