Carpenter and Joiner

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by hills540, Sep 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. so i had to choose today between carpenter and joiner, bricklayer and concretor and building and structural finisher, i chose carpenter and joiner. i just wondered if this was a good choice?

what would you of chosen out of those three?
  2. Would be my choice. But then I like that kind of thing. It's certainly a good choice.

Good luck!
  3. Chippie`s tend to be more intelligent Hills :p go for it.

Do remember though that Jesus was a Chippie :?
  4. haha thanks guys, im looking forwards to starting basic in march :p
  5. Plus you will have a good trade for when you get out.
  6. So you're saying that if you want to avoid crucifixion, avoid being a Chippie?

Good choice, Hills. But don't forget to count your fingers at the end of every job. (And those spirally nail things are called screws and need a special hammer).
  7. Lemon Plaice is a chippie too.

Good choice, it's a trade for life certainly, you'll get out of it what you put in, enjoy life in the Corps (if you get in) :p
  8. cheers guys, i was origonally going for plant operator, glad i have switched.
  9. hills wrote
    cheers guys, i was origonally going for plant operator, glad i have switched.

Remember although jesus was a chippie his dad was a plant op
    Personally i believe you have made the wrong choice because god loves a Planty ( we keep the earth lovely and flat for him)

Good luck mate and enjoy The best corps in the world
  10. Someone has to! :roll:
  11. When i chosen my 3 jobn breifs i decided to pick bricklayer and concretor as my trade. My other job breifs were within REME. Just wondering if i made the right choice. What do you think?
  12. That would be the left handed hammer then?
  13. Bad choice not going for Plant Op mate. Everyone knows it's the best trade in the British Army. Anyone who says different is just trying to hide their jealousy.

Enjoy yourself anyway. C&J will see you right for when you decide to get out.
  14. Really depends on what firm you get a job with ^

The firm i work for does timber frames mainly .. And its shite

Ive heard that if you can get in a job that does second fixings more is the better way to go
  15. i would of liked the plant op, but i was told i cant do that job because of bad eyeseight.

i only had a few to choose from in the engineers (C&J, building and structual finisher, bricky)

anyways, i think i have chosen the right job.