Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.....HELP

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Spursluv, Jul 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone can hlep as I'm really worried. My Mum has recently gone to hospital for an operation for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, the last couple of weeks my hands have been going numb every now and again and I suspect that I may have it, does anyone know if this would effect my TA Career if this is what it turns out to be :-(

2. My brother had this, apparantly it can be caused by excessive masturbation in which case it is likely to positively enhance your military career!

3. HAHA thought that might be the reason, is he in the Army?

4. Just the Toon Army!! He works in a fairly physically demanding and skilled job so I can't see any problems with it providing you get it sorted.

5. If it is CTS then it can usually be sorted by a fairly simple and now routine operation. As to continuing service, it would depend on your trade and whether it has a long term reduction in your function which affetcs your ability to do your job. Have seen many servicemen (admitedly regulars only) with CTS who have remained in the forces post operatively.

Hope this helps

6. I don't think it's too severe at the moment as it's not particularly painful so maybe if I get to the docs and sort it out quick enough it should be ok, just worried that if I have to have the operation whether it would affect my TA career for the future, I hope not ;-(

7. Yes that does help thankyou, it's put my mind at ease a little bit anyway, I am a driver which this shouldn't affect too much as my Mum is back to driving after having the op.

I really appreciate everybody'd help, thankyou.