Votes: 278 81.8%
  • No...Not even with yours

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Meh

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Question not applicable, I'm greenbaggyskin, and I play the pink oboe

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Senior moment moment. I believe it was your good self who gave me a free get out of jail card, regarding CV, me being 75+. In my case a "Lola" would be any female mid thirties plus! As someone, far more intelligent than myself said, relativity dear boy, relativity.

Although not a follower of the old faith, I too will make a confession. I didn't give a monkeys feck regarding nurses, specs, tits tatts, et al. Yeah, I too succumbed, any holes a goal
I think you might be referring to a quite different fictional character, namely 'Lolita'.

Looking for cultural exchange with either a Lola or Lolita can get you into trouble, albeit for different reasons!

That's my one track mind again. Still learning, so another confession. Shim/bleurk? No idea, enlighten please.
Age 75 = born 1944, = aged 26 in 1970 when the Kinks were on Top of the Pops performing Lola to a mass TV audience 'cos the song was at No. 2 in the UK Top 10.

Were you too drunk, too busy or just too far away for the song to clip your consciousness, even just in passing?

Age 75 = born 1944, = aged 26 in 1970 when the Kinks were on Top of the Pops performing Lola to a mass TV audience 'cos the song was at No. 2 in the UK Top 10.
And still an amazing piece of music; never mind the possible message behind the lyrics. My Kinks No.2, between 'Waterloo Sunset' and 'Sunny Afternoon'.

. . .yet the Beeb only got excited about the original lyrics reference to "Coca Cola", FFS!!
Why do you think all the "evereyday, household items" Blue Peter used to make models with had blue electrical tape over the brand names...?

Were you too drunk, too busy or just too far away for the song to clip your consciousness, even just in passing?
None of the above. Back in the day I would have been classed as a "square." I liked some of the pop of the time, Buddy, Roy O, but had my own peculiar taste. Some folk, *Kenneth McKellar, SCD bands, Glen Miller, pipe music including piobaireachd at one time although I can't play the pipes. Puirt a beul, which is unaccompanied songs in the Gaelic, again being ignorant of the language. I found the purity of the tone/pitch just struck a chord. Unfortunately now they are introducing musical instruments along with the singers. I preferred it without the backing. It sent a tingle up my spine. Still a square at heart. Hey ho.

* I've said elsewhere to google him, then "The Ball O' Kirriemuir." He sings the right version, so it's a NSFW warning!

I'll mebbe add "too Scottish" to my original list . . . :wink:
Fair comment, although I've been resident south of The Wall for over 50 years now! Always been comfortable with my own culture, but never to the extent of supporting the SNP. You almost made it. Close, but no cigar. '44 may have been a good year, '43 a tad better. :)