Carluccio dies

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by vinniethemanxcat, Nov 8, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. Shame. I quite like his eateries too.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Sad news.

I really enjoy making his bolognese sauce with the 50/50 beef and pork mince.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mrs OS loved watching his cookery programmes. Bought her one of his recipe books two years ago , and she promptly put a stone and a half on me..

• Funny Funny x 8
  4. Remember watching him make that he learnt to do it for hundreds of people at once as a cook in the Italian Navy.
    Bet he didn't say
    Solo una salsiccia!

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Well.
    Two greedy Italians are now down to one.
    I liked his sense of humour.

• Like Like x 8
  6. He was a great cook and seemed to be a sound bloke as well. Those often don't go together, so it's a bit sad to hear of his passing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lovely man - 4 of us were eating in one of his restaurants and he came over sat down with us. He talked us through each course; ingredients, preparation, interesting recommendations and telling funny anecdotes about pretty much everything. RIP.

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Sad to hear, a big character but with a passing relationship with the "black dog" I seem to recall?
    RIP

• Like Like x 1
  9. I seem to recall a particularly horrendous suicide attempt a few years ago. I believe he tried to stab himself to death.
    Very sad as he seemed like a genuinely warm man.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Shame, I enjoyed his programmes.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I read some of a book he wrote or extracts and he tried to kill himself a fair few times i think . Sad to hear he has passed , watching his programmes made me think of the pleasures in life of a good simple meal. Him and Genaro were funny as hell to watch as well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I did like his chain, even if it became a generic torwards the end

• Like Like x 3
  13. W P

W P War Hero

I can't read a recipe that mentions olive oil without thinking of him insisting that it be "good olive oil."

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1