Careful where you point your camera - The fun police threaten to strike again.

The more pressing problem is, I think you've caught the ghey

What's the point of getting decent pics of totty if not to put in the w**k bank ?
There's the vastness of the tinternet for pic's/video for wanking too.

Gen question, (which is probably going to out me as a dirty old pervert) if one of the sensible asseraty could answer on this subject matter.

I go to a lot of public shows during the summer months, in which I take pic's of displays, vehicles, and such like. On the odd occasion I might also take a pic of attractive women in costume/uniform or just members of the public, without any consent.

I don't use them to whack off too, I just admire the female form.

Am I breaking any laws? No ones ever questioned me or asked to see the images, if they did I would happily delete the pic.

After reading this thread and some of the replies I think I should err on the side of decency and desist in taking this type of pic, as I might get myself in trouble (or a slap).

In no attempt of defence where does street photography sit in this.
As I stated earlier in this thread, or another on the same subject banning what you can or cannot photograph in a public place could be the first step onto a very slippery slope.

So I agree with the MP that it should have proper debate.

Why, oh why, are we wasting money on this when there are other things that police time and Parliament's time can be spent on. Less than 100 offences over a 3 year period (2105-2017) according to the BBC website article. It is an invasion of privacy and if somebody is caught, either belt them one or report them to the polis. Otherwise let the police get on with catching perps rather than filling out reports on up skirting conviction targets.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Every snowflake needs something cool just in order to survive. One answer could be more and more legislation which has been voted in on a nod rather than the HoC actually debating changes in the law or hearing a new law which will have been properly written, debated and edited before being enacted.

There are already too many examples of laws which have loopholes or may be used for unintended purposes, and all because of the need to rush them through.

Gen question, (which is probably going to out me as a dirty old pervert) if one of the sensible asseraty could answer on this subject matter.

I go to a lot of public shows during the summer months, in which I take pic's of displays, vehicles, and such like. On the odd occasion I might also take a pic of attractive women in costume/uniform or just members of the public, without any consent.

I don't use them to whack off too, I just admire the female form.

Am I breaking any laws? No ones ever questioned me or asked to see the images, if they did I would happily delete the pic.

After reading this thread and some of the replies I think I should err on the side of decency and desist in taking this type of pic, as I might get myself in trouble (or a slap).

In no attempt of defence where does street photography sit in this.
This law isn’t about taking a photo in public of something in open view, it’s about deliberate upskirt/up kilt etc

As with street photography, photos taken at a show etc do not necessarily need explicit consent. If you’re going to use the pictures commercially etc then you do need permission.

If you are not sneaky about it and openly take photos then it allows for people to decline
Make eye contact where appropriate, don’t be a dick and be willing to stop taking the photo or delete it as required

I sometimes do street photography and I photograph Paintball events. Most want lots of photos taken, some are ‘shy’, and I think I’ve only been asked once to not publish a photo because they were not meant to be there (I deleted in front of them)