Careful where you point your camera - The fun police threaten to strike again.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Consent is the issue

In London there are full time upskirt photographers chasing the z list celebs, admittedly a lot of it is staged by consent... i.e. they 'accidentally' get caught by the togs which works well for both partieds
I seem to recall one of these downmarket photography agencies used a "person of restricted growth" photographer specifically to get those "classy" upskirt shots.

It all seems rather pointless and more than a little tawdry to me.

Britney Spears had been photographed sans underwear when she had her breakdown and as a wise man once told me: "When she was fit, I would've given one nut to see her ladyparts, now I'd give both nuts to unsee that spilled kebab."

It's needed because 'Outraging public decency' ignores the victim and the distress caused to her. See here for an example.
I had a look but couldn't see the example of an upskirt photo.

Considering the pleasing attractiveness of the subject involved, I personally would have sold a kidney to see her gusseted snatch.

Both kidneys to finger her.

If you decide to appear naked IN PUBLIC then you are perfectly happy with everyone seeing you naked.
It makes no sense you saying "but I only wanted a certain set of people to see me" you are saying that anyone and everyone can have a look.
What difference does it make if the person is looking at you via the internet?
Google Naked Bike Ride - lots of consenting people do that sort of thing apparently...

It is at this point I ask @baldbof the traditional "Is the thread is turning out as expected?" Question...
Quite. Was @baldbof expecting Arrsers to be on the side of pervy losers who think it’s ok to sneak photographs up women’s skirts? Put me on the side of the ‘Fun Police’ please. Especially if it’s in the remit of the Fun Police to smash perverts’ cameras / phones / faces.

After many years of photographers fighting to defend themselves against over-eager members of her majesty’s finest trying to harass them for carrying a camera in the street, for example

Photographer held after taking pictures of Hove town hall

I fear that there’s a fair old risk that this new law could be the new ‘anti-terror laws’ and very easily slip into “scuse me sir, we have reports of you photographing ladies in the street, now, give us your details and hand over your camera like a good boy, so we can check you haven’t been peering up girls skirts or we’ll nick you”
The town hall situation wasn’t entirely about him taking pictures of the town hall, it included him refusing to give his name etc, and it was over in an hour with him detained and them checking his camera - then released without charge and nothing deleted
He failed the attitude test when asked about what he was doing

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
In Japan this has been a problem for some time, men would use phone cameras to take upskirt shots of schoolgirls
they are a bit weird about schoolgirls full stop
I seem to recall that a law was introduced making it compulsory for camera phones to make an audible shutter sound that could not be turned off to make people aware that a picture had been taken
Japan's noisy iPhone problem
they are still having problems now
Kyoto law puts 'upskirt' photography in focus | The Japan Times

In Japan this has been a problem for some time, men would use phone cameras to take upskirt shots of schoolgirls
they are a bit weird about schoolgirls full stop
I seem to recall that a law was introduced making it compulsory for camera phones to make an audible shutter sound that could not be turned off to make people aware that a picture had been taken
Japan's noisy iPhone problem
they are still having problems now
Kyoto law puts 'upskirt' photography in focus | The Japan Times
They are weird about a lot of things.
Most things in fact.
Possibly everything.

The town hall situation wasn’t entirely about him taking pictures of the town hall, it included him refusing to give his name etc, and it was over in an hour with him detained and them checking his camera - then released without charge and nothing deleted
He failed the attitude test when asked about what he was doing
So, he refused to give his name, after being stopped for doing something perfectly legal in the street, eh?

So, he refused to give his name, after being stopped for doing something perfectly legal in the street, eh?
He could have saved an hour of his time by saying I’m a photographer, doing nothing illegal, my names Eddie Mitchell and I’m a professional press photographer but that’s irrelevant because taking photos is perfectly legal

Not being there at the time I don’t really know what happened but someone (either the police or someone reported ‘something suspicious’) wondered why he was taking photos
I’m guessing that he just said I’m doing nothing wrong and I don’t have to tell you who I am, so they arrested him and he changed his mind

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Lol in better news, the new Upskirting law (heavily influenced courtesy of a 26 year ol victim at a festival) has been opposed by one MP. Apparently the (deliberate) aimed lens in or up :p wrong direction can result in 24 months in the slammer.

‘Upskirting’ perverts face up to two years in jail under new law | Daily Mail Online

Please free to skirt the issue at hand if you desire .....

cheers
we dont have the police to enforce any more daft laws, while I agree in principle, I think that it could have been better covered under an existing law, or one covering a much wider range of offences
we cant even stop black kids stabbing each other to death on the streets, stop them posting violent videos on you tube, stop drug dealers using weapons on our streets, stop criminals attacking innocent members of the public, and drivers using cars with false plates to cover their nefarious actions
its all very well for politicians to stand up and make new laws and show us how wonderful they are, it would be better if we reduced the amount of politicians, simplified the entire system and its abuse of finance every time they want to change something, and spend the money on making our country and its borders safe

we dont have the police to enforce any more daft laws, while I agree in principle, I think that it could have been better covered under an existing law, or one covering a much wider range of offences
we cant even stop black kids stabbing each other to death on the streets, stop them posting violent videos on you tube, stop drug dealers using weapons on our streets, stop criminals attacking innocent members of the public, and drivers using cars with false plates to cover their nefarious actions
its all very well for politicians to stand up and make new laws and show us how wonderful they are, it would be better if we reduced the amount of politicians, simplified the entire system and its abuse of finance every time they want to change something, and spend the money on making our country and its borders safe
Yep I agree with the above...

In better news the debacle continues with a woman stringing a washing line outside said MP's house with her grots, as a protest.

Woman hangs knickers outside Christopher Chope’s office after upskirting vote | Daily Mail Online

However if people read more into this - MP went against it, because it had not gone through the proper channels, held as a debate across Parliament before being approved.

Laughingly one of the readers comments said why would anyone want to take upskirt photos of this lass as she's not exactly attractive but some middle weight middle aged housewife lol personally its utter pants.

cheers

Attachments

It's a sad indictment of society that we actually need a specific law to stop sad, creepy blokes from taking pictures up a lasses skirt. It's just another tally to the amount of times I say "what the feck is wrong with people?" in a day.

He could have saved an hour of his time by saying I’m a photographer, doing nothing illegal, my names Eddie Mitchell and I’m a professional press photographer but that’s irrelevant because taking photos is perfectly legal

Not being there at the time I don’t really know what happened but someone (either the police or someone reported ‘something suspicious’) wondered why he was taking photos
I’m guessing that he just said I’m doing nothing wrong and I don’t have to tell you who I am, so they arrested him and he changed his mind
Not sure about all the UK, but in certain parts of the world if you are in a public place then people have no expectation of privacy and you can take photos of what you like (within reason). Any member of the law enforcement community can ask to see your images but you don't have to show them, and you don't have to delete them at their request.

Not sure about all the UK, but in certain parts of the world if you are in a public place then people have no expectation of privacy and you can take photos of what you like (within reason). Any member of the law enforcement community can ask to see your images but you don't have to show them, and you don't have to delete them at their request.
Pretty much the same here - in being uncooperative it was all escalated.
Instead of saying he is a photographer taking photos in a public place and giving his name (which he doesn’t legally have to do) it was escalated to an arrest to which he then did have to give his name and show the photos

Gen question, (which is probably going to out me as a dirty old pervert) if one of the sensible asseraty could answer on this subject matter.

I go to a lot of public shows during the summer months, in which I take pic's of displays, vehicles, and such like. On the odd occasion I might also take a pic of attractive women in costume/uniform or just members of the public, without any consent.

I don't use them to whack off too, I just admire the female form.

Am I breaking any laws? No ones ever questioned me or asked to see the images, if they did I would happily delete the pic.

After reading this thread and some of the replies I think I should err on the side of decency and desist in taking this type of pic, as I might get myself in trouble (or a slap).

In no attempt of defence where does street photography sit in this.