Careers Office

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Spaza, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, im 16 and i want to join up. Im going to the careers office soon to get some more info soon but my parents are making me take them. :x
    Can i bring my parents to the careers office? Ive said i want to go on my own but they wont listen.

Anyway cheers :D

2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

It is good that they are showing an interest in what you are doing. Let them come so they can see what you are up to.

3. Of course you can , saying that I did go in with my mine (wimp) but after giong in a few times ....I just went in on my own.

4. ok thanks guys, jsut dont wanna look like a plum.

5. and also would it be too late to get on the january intake for harrogate?
    i appreciate its now really late, because ive already started as levels but too hard :?

6. You wont look a plum at all, I prefer talking to applicants that have there parents with them when recruiting. Gives your parents a chance to see what is going on so they understand what you are going through, and they can see that you arent being had over by the staff too.
    If they are supporting you then make the most of it! I went to the recruiting office with my dad when I applied at 16, so you wont be the first and certainly not the last.

7. I think so mate , I'm going to basic 1st of march 2009......and I applied 1 year ago , prop take you another year till basic mate

8. ok cheers lofty ill take em along.
    ah i dont think i can scrape through another year of school to wait for intake, think the only reason im still there is because of the rugby team.
    good luck corbuk but seems like it takes ages to get in. Are you still at school? wish i werent so i could just train the whole time if it takes as long you say.

9. If anything going in with your parents will show that they support you with your choice and that you're serious.

10. I applied when I was 15 and a half I'm now 16 and a few months and am not at school, I work with my dad now and then to make a bit of money , powerlift training 3 times a week(not that bodybuilding sh1te LOL ) and run 3 times a week. Not that fun waiting for basic ;(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.