Careers office?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by FrenchyNW, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am just wondering, should i take a trip to my local Careers office even tho i am unfit at the moment?

Frenchy

2. i did a couple of years ago and they sent me on a look at life course with PWRR i lasted 3 days 8O

3. they are not gonna make you do 20 press ups there and then if you want to join up then get yourself along they will give you some info on getting fit and what fitness level is required what are you wanting to join as

4. As icemann said, go along and they'll give you information on what you want/could join, what options are open to you, speak to you about your fitness, and you could even try an get on an Army insight/look at life course... :)

5. I'm unfit. i went down and they gave me a level to get to if im right its 12 and a half stone and in good physical con

Correct me if im wrong tho

6. That will be specific to you... theres no specific weight/height, just that you fall within BMI (Body Mass Index) criteria...

7. Yeh bradders im 33.57 i think. So im fat :D lol. my motivation to lose it is the army cosi really wanna joing ive already lost 3 pounds this week lol :)

8. I went to my local office mid July and didn't attend selection until October, so you should have plenty of time to get fit.

9. Well good luck to you pal, when you get in, get as much as you can out of it and enjoy it.