careers center appointment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by gothpanda, Feb 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi,
    i have an appointment at the careers centre next monday wat should I bring? i read some of the stuff n here about what you take along with you to basic but i havnt had like a list from them or something. do i just bring basic stuff like toothbrush ans socks and stuff?
  2. I take it you are talking about the ADSC. you will receive all the information through the post, with dates, times and items you are required to bring.

Good Luck
  3. Why would you need tooth brush and socks for the careers centre? Surely you would need your passport, gcse etc certificates?
  4. wat does adsc stand for? im a bit worried because i went in to the carers office on monday and they said to come back nex week and i havnt been told anything yet. i thought they would give you more info b4 you go to basic!
  5. If your going to the careers office then your just going for your interview aren't you? Have you done your BARB test etc?
  6. barb test? nope nothin like that, all i know is i hav to go monday. i guess thtas when you go for basic?
  7. I hate you. Everytime I read one of your posts I die a little inside. I actually feel my IQ dropping.
  8. What did they discuss with you when you went last time. Sounds like you've got a way to go before ADSC (Army Development Selection Centre)
  9. I am not really sure what part of your application stage you are at, and you have completely lost me!!! If you have not done your BARB Test you have quite a way to go before you reach basic.

10. Oh sh1t!!! Ive just realised you're the SAS ASAP bloke arent you??
  11. all i know is i went along and said that i wanted to join the paras and he said come bak monday.
  12. If you don't know what a BARB test is then don't go packing your backpack just yet, ok! You need to complete the interview process, go some tests and choose what you want to do in the Army/Navy/RAF/BDSM world first..
  13. They'll give you loads of stuff to take away and read through, probably give you an application as well.

Then you'll have to go back and take a BARB test and confirm your 1st and 2nd choices. After that they'll give you a medical form to be filled in and sent back by your doctor. They'll request your references as well.

Thats as far as i am now.

Ive now got to attend a pre selection running club next Thursday to show i can make good times.

Once ive proved that i'll be put forward for the ADSC.

So dont worry youve got a while to go yet.
  14. Why don't you speak to the guys from the careers office online? That's what i did before i went along..
    They should be able to tell you what you need to know. But slow down, if does take time to get in. What's the rush Mr Bond?
  15. can we drown it?