career with the RA

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by cossie1990, May 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi peeps im a newb so if this comes out wrong thats why....

im interested in a career with the RA im 15 at the min and hoping to join next year and have a question.

im quite a smart person, predicted good GCSE grades im wondering would this stop me from being a gunner? because i've read that people get turned down and told to learn a trade instead of joining the RA but its all i want to do.

any help would be much appreciated thnx peeps.

2. What type of thing do you want to do? There are a lot of different trades in the RA, same as the other corps. Those with higher GTI scores should go to the STA Regts but doesn't always happen. You can contact one of the Recruiting teams and get a commited recruit card.

3. i hope to do something with the AS90.

whats STA Regts?

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Career - RA = oxymoron

Join the real army and become the sole reason for having an army - Join Infantry :wink: :D

5. Auld-Yin

And the first comment on 'oxymoron' will come from.............................

6. Auld-Yin

And the first comment on 'oxymoron' will come from.............................

7. Someone who knows to only press the red button once :?: :wink: :twisted:

8. STA is Surveillance and Target Acquisition. These Regts include Weapon Locating Radar, Sound Ranging, and UAVs.

5 Regt RA

32 Regt RA

9. Auld-Yin

OK - so I have a stutter - bloody non-PC barstewards.

Anyway these computer thingys are new - give me an old Imperial or Olympic, something which, if you drop on someone's toes, they will notice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

10. rha all the way my man,sta regts,all well and good if you want to work with coneheads,1 + 3 rha have as90 and are both exellent regiments.

11. Join the RHA dude, especially 1 RHA right of line and all that, i have been with 1 RHA for all my army Career best thing i ever did,,,,good luck

12. Also 1RHA have decent looking wives who will happily oblige you! get in the Sgt's mess on a sunday if you don't believe us

13. Yep...you can forget all your troubles in a family environment. Until the day you leave when they'll drop you faster that you can say antidisestablishmentarianism.

14. Try and make the turret bigger so the pie eating crews can fit inside, especially when its raining because they get cold and wet, bless 'em!

15. thats right DOOR-BUNGLE.... id much rather fall out of a plane and land on my head (obviously happened to u a few times!) and have some freak tell me to put a beret on instead of a kevlar helmet with "incoming CB" all around.......hmmmmmmm clever that!

word of advice cossie: if u enjoy wearing pink, sorry i mean maroon, t-shirts and tight denim jeans stained with pi22 and obligatory dessie boots EVERYTIME your out of conventional uniform then go 7.....if youd rather put your GCSEs to better use then come to the RHA and become a real man...ie. sleep with members of the OPPOSITE sex! its a winner!