Career Pinnacle

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by B_AND_T, Sep 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I had some shitty jobs when I was a civvy. Barman, Selling timeshare, working in a banana storage place, in a flour mill etc. But we had a bloke in our place today that made me think that you know when you have reached the peak of your career when all you do is empty jam rag containers!

Anything worse?
  2. I once had a summer job dabbing chicken shit onto battery cage laid eggs so the punters thought they were free range.
    I am still awaiting my next career pinnacle.
  3. I used to grease bread tins, thousands of bread tins, every day.
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Hope it wasn't man grease which was rumoured about Mr Kiplings in Southampton a few years ago!
  5. Ah, those were exceedingly good,tiring, blister filled days.
  6. Used to drive a tanker of human shit from a waste transfer depot to processing ,self loading through the top of the tank.
  7. Degreasing steel toolboxes before they went into the machine to be spray painted. Me and this other bloke sitting at a bench with two huge stacks of toolboxes, one dirty, one clean, removing the grease with rags dipped in solvent.

It was that soul-destoying, we actually went and asked the boss could we please, pretty please, go and clean the bogs -- they smelt like they hadn't been done in years. Boss though we were nuts, but let us get on with it. The other bloke was ex-guards ... the copper pipes didn't half shine by the time he'd finished with them.
  8. A soul destroying 2 years repairing equipment Monday to Friday, the users would break it over the weekend, and then I would start again on the Monday. And the guy in charge Mon-Fri was a spineless cock. Then I handed my notice in.

The Location? 101 regt RA Wksp :tongue:.

(Actually, it was a good 2 years, firmly establishing a combined army/civvy mindset that has proved invaluable. The ability to say "no, fuck off, blow it out your arse" at times, and "sure, I can sort that out, no problems" at other times should never be underestimated)
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Mind you i wouldn't want to launder Sluggy's thongs.
  10. A Cambridgeshire mate of mine used to have a regular student holiday job which involved w*nking off turkeys all day long. Thought he was making it up at first but now realise its true (link)
  11. I'm currently experiencing my finest hour. I sell sheets of plastic to people.
    I sell big ones, little ones, thick ones, thin ones, blue ones, green ones, red ones... Fuck I could even sell you one with your name on it.
    The best bit is that, bar me, the whole company is staffed by Jehovas Witnesses.

Looking forward to my intake, oddly...
  12. I was unemployed once
  13. I worked in sales.

The shame burns even now.
  14. I used to put the creme eggs into those card packets with three in them, but that was interesting compared to when i had to stand for 12h a day by the machine that folded the boxes up, and push the little flaps in so the eggs would fit

the highlight of working in that place was when i go tthe job of loading an overhead hopper with mini chocolate eggs. I sat up there alone, me and several hundred weight of chocolate, unseen. I spent the time eating an throwing the eggs down onto passing management

could have been worse, the next bay packed tampax!
  15. I dream of having one of those excellent jobs described, anything to get away from the drudgery of being an ex- Prime Minister, flying around the world, talking lots of shite, having to have shedloads of cash forced on to me. You people don`t know how lucky you are.