Career path in the military with a degree

Hello, thank you for taking your time to answer my question.
I've done a fair bit of research but honestly still quite confused with the routes I can take after graduating with a 'Electrical & Electronic Engineering' degree within the military (any corp). Ideally I would like to incorporate my degree in the job that I am doing. What route do you recommend that I take, or would be suitable to taking and if being 23 upon graduation is too old.

The RAF would be your best bet. Just to substantiate my comment, the the RAF you’ll get to make Engineering decisions from the outset, if you enter an Engineering branch. In the Army, you’ll be doing troop command.

Last edited:

orgASMic

War Hero
Hello, thank you for taking your time to answer my question.
I've done a fair bit of research but honestly still quite confused with the routes I can take after graduating with a 'Electrical & Electronic Engineering' degree within the military (any corp). Ideally I would like to incorporate my degree in the job that I am doing. What route do you recommend that I take, or would be suitable to taking and if being 23 upon graduation is too old.
With that degree, you could go either aerosystems or comms in the RAF. In the Army you would be joining the REME and going into a variety or roles, as the Royal Signals prefer to have their officers to have arts degrees so that they can be bamboozled by the Foreman of Signals. ;)

With that degree, you could go either aerosystems or comms in the RAF. In the Army you would be joining the REME and going into a variety or roles, as the Royal Signals prefer to have their officers to have arts degrees so that they can be bamboozled by the Foreman of Signals. ;)
I suspect that REME JOs are “mentored” in the same way as any other Corps.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The average age at Sandhurst is 23 to 24 so you'd be bang in the middle of the intake.

Latest Threads