Career Foul

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by jay213, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, what is the best way of dealing with this without rocking the boat and creating further problems.

Not had a CR for 4 years every time I ask Im fobbed off or told "it was done fella, you sat on the board". Never had a Cr in my current rank and nobody seems to help.

My unit were given a week to sort it out 3 weeks ago and this morning was infront of my OC who told me my whole P File had "vanished". He then went on to suggest that I may have taken it, I was fuming. Seems to me that they are covering arses?.

What should I do feel like I have lost the last 13 years.

Jay

2. You should sink the ******* boat

3. You should write to your MCM desk officer requesting copies of all you CRs citing "open reporting"-I don't know the correct JSP but you have the right to see anything written about you. Your unit may have lost your unit Pfile, but Glasgow should have copies/orignials

4. Correct your Admin Office should have the forms. However depends on your rank and Corps/Regt on whether they will have copies.

Likewise should you need to you are entitled to submit Redress of Complaint although be warned this is now via JPA.

Good luck.

Jockster

5. AGAI 70 (Redress of Grievance). Inform the unit that you will start this process. This will require the CO to investigate the circumstances and take the appropriate action. Dont be bullied by your unit, and rock the boat. This is your career and if things are as you say they are, you have been seriously career fouled

6. Also ask for a career interview with your RCMO. If you have done 13 years then you will be entitled to one next year (14 year point) anyway, but ask to have it brought forward.

Jimima

7. Not wishing to take anything away from your present situation, but does anybody else see the irony -

:D :D :D

8. When a CV is completed, you are suppsoed to read it, and sign it before it gets submitted. If you've not, then they've not been done.

9. Speak to your SSM ask for a formal interview with OC as first action, if that is not satisfactory, go down the RCMO route.

Try to engage your ownCoC via OC, they will assist you and get this sorted. If you p!ss them off they won't be quite so forthcoming

10. That makes me laugh, if (IF) he has not had a CR in 4 years... heads will need to roll, from immediate Line Manager trough to OC/CO including Chief Clerks. They are all responsible to ensure CRs are actioned correctly and on time. Piss them off... have a word with yourself! This, IF true is gross negligence not just a career foul. Once is a career foul, four times is criminal.

11. There's 2 sides to every story....i would be more than astonished if this as cut and dry as it first appears.

No self-respecting OC would let one of his sldrs go 4 yrs unreported, similarly, i find it odd that anybody would wait 4 yrs before mentioning it that they'd not had a report.

The point is, its better to be a little political and get the support of your OC before storming up to RHQ and giving the RCMO both barrels.

If, as i suspect, there is more to this than meets the eye, i would be incredibly p!ssed off if someone had gone to RHQ without coming via me or SSM, sh!t rolls down hill, Tp Comd and SSgt would be in our respective intrays explaining why their charges are effectivley going to the 2UP and not following the COC.

If however, the OC is a bumbling fcukwitt and indeed this lad has not had a report for 4 yrs, everybody from the CO down should be named and shamed, and i agree, its an utter disgrace of the highest order, but i suspect not, there are too many checks and balances in place.

12. waiting 4 yrs without saying something, behave their is a rank structure speak to people in chain of command. Its not a dirty subject!

13. No CR's for 4 years? If this is true, which I doubt, you have enough to win a redress hands down, but would you be redressing 4 seperate CO's or just the one? If it is 4, it is inexcuseable but if it's just the one, well, he better have a better excuse than "I've been busy". Somehow I doubt that the story has an ounce of thruth in it.

Private Investigator franchise? So you bought the sh*t that the husband and wife team advertised then? Yeah, you're earning more than you did in the mob....and we beleive you.

You must be a sh*te investigator if you have to rely on getting sources from a website. Have you told the solicitors firm that as you were ex RMP you know your way around the system, hence they've given you the work?

14. [quote="Redshaggydog]That makes me laugh, if (IF) he has not had a CR in 4 years... heads will need to roll, from immediate Line Manager trough to OC/CO including Chief Clerks. They are all responsible to ensure CRs are actioned correctly and on time. urine them off... have a word with yourself! This, IF true is gross negligence not just a career foul. Once is a career foul, four times is criminal.[/quote]

Agreed. Ultimate responsibility for CRs lies with the CO of the unit however as others have said there are 2 sides to each story.

Jockster

15. You may find that the originator is attempting to use the site to source the information he needs for his employment.

Check out the rest of the threads he has started. They all circle around the 'compo' issue.