Career fires, career stops!

I suppose it's not as bad as finding a load of snap-cards and nuclear launch codes in a charity shop. There does appear to be a pattern emerging though.

ches

LE
How to shoot oneself in the foot, or both feet in this instance. Call me organised but i've never understood how someone's personal admin could be so gash as to forget you've got some pretty hush hush papers to look after on a bus or a train...........its almost like some people are so thick they'd leave their personal weapon in the bogs.....................

How to shoot oneself in the foot, or both feet in this instance. Call me organised but i've never understood how someone's personal admin could be so gash as to forget you've got some pretty hush hush papers to look after on a bus or a train...........its almost like some people are so thick they'd leave their personal weapon in the bogs.....................

..........or, how a whole platoon is marched off to the armoury to hand in their weapons and one is left stood leaning up against the wall. To be fair, he got all the way to the armoury before he remembered. On returning had to run the long way around the entire Depot with it held over his head, with some bloke in shiny boots, waving a stick thing, shouting at him.

One thing that riles with this sort of case is the difference grade makes to how mistakes are dealt with. Middle ranking CS or lower and the consequences could be career/employment ending (certainly, any suggestion of progression would be parked for some time). Senior management and he is still apparently in the frame for a top job...though being briefed against which augers Ill for the bloke's chances.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
..........or, how a whole platoon is marched off to the armoury to hand in their weapons and one is left stood leaning up against the wall. To be fair, he got all the way to the armoury before he remembered. On returning had to run the long way around the entire Depot with it held over his head, with some bloke in shiny boots, waving a stick thing, shouting at him.
Catterick 1975, Alternative Personal Weapon (That Rifle) training in a block overlooking the square, watching a lad with said rifle over his head, running round and round The square, having given the wrong answer to a question, shouting, "The Self Loading Rifle does not have a foreskin protector."

Catterick 1975, Alternative Personal Weapon (That Rifle) training in a block overlooking the square, watching a lad with said rifle over his head, running round and round The square, having given the wrong answer to a question, shouting, "The Self Loading Rifle does not have a foreskin protector."

Twat! Coffee mug in hand moment when I clicked to read your response.

Unfortunately, by all accounts he's one of life's good ones.

good to see the Rt Hon Member for Bracknell pitching in with his knowledge of coloured paper (based on his one tour in PJHQ 18 yrs ago....)

Unfortunately, by all accounts he's one of life's good ones.

Not by all, and definitely not where his other half is concerned, from personal experience of the latter.

Moment of madness to lose pink docs?

If we were to take a "Just Security Culture" approach*, we'd seek to understand why a bright, capable individual felt compelled to take S work home with him, despite knowing he shouldn't. I'd place £10 on it being "a violation for organisational gain", and the right processes weren't in place to allow him to work securely, or the workload was too high to be able to balance it with his life.

But f*ck it, let's hang him.

*<narrator>: we don't; we take a punitive approach.

If we were to take a "Just Security Culture" approach*, we'd seek to understand why a bright, capable individual felt compelled to take S work home with him, despite knowing he shouldn't. I'd place £10 on it being "a violation for organisational gain", and the right processes weren't in place to allow him to work securely, or the workload was too high to be able to balance it with his life.

But f*ck it, let's hang him.

*<narrator>: we don't; we take a punitive approach.
I'm with you on this. We need to understand the reasons why people do the things they do.

Latest Threads