Career change

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by glasshammer, Aug 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am thinking of a career change, any ideas of a quick traning course as I dont want to do uni , I am thinking something like a couple of months training.

2. Was thinking health and safety. Has anyone done this and managed to get a job without experience?

3. type in (any trade) fast track courses, on search, HSE is ok, but your mind has got to be interested in it, as its very full on

4. Cheers I know what u mean as my interest in health and safety is zero

5. I'd rather sit next to at dinner a pyramid scheme seller, a Jehovah's Witness and an estate agent than a H&S dullard.

Don't do it, it will consume your being. When I had to do a H&S course I spent the entire time looking at the items on my desk and thinking of ways I could incapacitate myself with them but not cause any permanent injury.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What can you already do? Generally, not specifically as you are looking to change career. Do you want a complete change, or do you just want to do something similar to what you do now but with new scenery?

7. Im sick of shift work been in security for 20 yrs got the offer of redundancy

8. What about HGV driving?

9. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Poke around on Reed On-Line to get an idea of what alternative jobs are available.

Jobs, Careers and Recruitment on the UK's #1 job site | reed.co.uk

If you find anything that interests you, you can do more research into required qualifications and training courses.

For example, (following up on an earlier suggestion) there seem to be quite a few jobs for Bailiffs on there

Wordsmith