Career Break

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Bacon_Grill, Mar 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard there is now a career break being offered to those in the ranks! Anyone know what the details are and how long you can feck off for?

Anyone done/doing it?

I am not interested myself (as already said leaving soon!) but as I have had nothing better to do today, I thought I would ask about it.

Seems the Forces are offering these incentives to keep themselves a float with interest!
  3. Fair one that was quick!

4. What about career changes after 22 years as it still seems the best option. Fancy doing 2 years then thinking wow got to go back to t'army monday. I was fcukled after 2 weeks leave.
  5. When I am out, IAM OUT! I will not entertain the VEng, which lets face it is not for the benefit of the soldier, afterall nothing ever is! It is so that the Forces can cling on to quality servicemen that little bit longer so the last drop of life can be wrung out of them.

The poor squaddie is better off getting out at 40 (ish) and going off to a second career, 2 yrs extra in the mob aint gonna make a life changing difference on either your pension or lump sum.

The Army Sir, is in total disarray. The troops are leaving and we are being led by donkeys who do not have a clue and by FAR TOO MANY acting ranks to be expected what to do, and what for? Answers on a postcard please.
  6. Do you not mean answers on a postage stamp.