Career as an Ammunition Technician

Discussion in 'RLC' started by jamie998, Jun 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm intend on joining the army in the near future and am currently considering which career path to follow.

I read a post recently about how someone had gone into his his basic training intending to be an AT yet when he completed that he was informed there were no posts and so had to opt for another trade.

I don't know how true that is as some of the stuff I've been reading on here talks about the AT's being undermanned??.... can someone clarify this for me as I'm keen on following this trade and could you give me more info on the selection hard it is etc....

2. The Trade is undermanned. I'm sure the General will be able to give you all the facts and figures. As for the selection process it is quite difficult, but it's not meant to be easy. If you have a head on your shoulders, the ability to laern and retain alot of information you'll be fine. An understanding of basic Math is also a bonus. I'm not sure of the educational qualifications required for direct entry. I'm not sure about the rumour you have heard, it may be fiction however whan I joined I was nearly forced down the wrong path by an over zealous admin clerck at one point too. I hope this is a little help, I'm sure more people will add more to this thread Also members of selection board tend to be on here too. Best od luck in the future. I know if it does work out you will have a lot of fun.
  3. Last i heard there are 6 basic AT courses running next year. As only three are normally run yearly this clearly indicates that the trade is trying to qualify more people.

Can't understand why someone would get their info wrong its not like admin type people to make a complete balls of things and nor could i believe that duff info passed on is as a result of a vidictive mind, what with AT's being loved by all. :?
  4. Jamie,

There is a possibility that the training pipe was full and he wouldn't have been loaded onto a course for 3 months or longer. So, he might have been told that he could re-trade instead of waiting for a vacancy.

Otherwise, someone is probably telling porkies in order to disguise that he wasn't up to the expected standard.

5. is anybody out
  6. edited 4 times before posting............

Well done done lad.... and only 3 words......... who's the DULLARD now....... PRCIK
  7. erfrfrff
  8. Enough said, Billy :wink: