Career advice for a TA ODP

Hi,

I've just joined the TA as an ODP. I've been qualified and working for a few years.

I'm finding that people only have the vaguest idea about career/role specific courses/competencies for me. they know about the generic 'green' courses (SAA, PTI, JMQC, ect) and general AMS courses (BATLS, BARTS, ect) but not specific for me as an ODP. I've managed to chat to another TA ODP but they seemed to be equally in the dark.

So,

1) Are there any ODP specific courses that I should be trying to get on? Or should I just be looking at MOST, BATLS, BARTS. Are there any others that I should be looking at in the next few years?

2) Is there an ODP equivalent to the nursing DONCS that I need to get signed off?

3) Is this all written down somewhere? If so where?

Cheers.

Really? It's five years since the Territorial Army was re-named the Army Reserve.

From what I know, there is no specific Phase 2 or 3 training for a Reserve ODP.

Hi,

I've just joined the TA as an ODP. I've been qualified and working for a few years.

I'm finding that people only have the vaguest idea about career/role specific courses/competencies for me. they know about the generic 'green' courses (SAA, PTI, JMQC, ect) and general AMS courses (BATLS, BARTS, ect) but not specific for me as an ODP. I've managed to chat to another TA ODP but they seemed to be equally in the dark.

So,

1) Are there any ODP specific courses that I should be trying to get on? Or should I just be looking at MOST, BATLS, BARTS. Are there any others that I should be looking at in the next few years?

2) Is there an ODP equivalent to the nursing DONCS that I need to get signed off?

3) Is this all written down somewhere? If so where?

Cheers.
You might be better posing this question about Army Reserve ODP opportunities on Defence Connect. I'd imagine you'll get more of a response there.