CARE PARCELS TO AFGHAN

Discussion in 'REME' started by sirbobbymoore1966, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. guys/girls
    I'm looking to send some goodies out to Afghan but have been a civvy for over a year and have kinda lost touch.
    Anyone know of any REME units/guys/girls serving out there who'd appreciate some comforts from home?
    Please feel free to PM me if you're out there :D

2. Very kind of you old chap, I deploy there in 3 weeks and will look out for some needy REME for you.

3. The REME Association through its various branches sent a parcel to every member in the Corps on service in Iraq & Afghan this Christmas past, this was an official effort sanctioned by HQ REME. My Branch (Bristol) sent 20 parcels, I was proud to try to do something for the lads & lasses out there as I remember the thrill of recieving cards & stuff whilst on Op Granby.

Nobby

4. Check your PM

5. Hi Lads.

Send me your details, and your wish list too.

Cheers
    MM

6. I was one of the guys who got one of those REME A boxes this year, and i have to say they were very welcome. It is great to see that the boys and girls were not forgotten. Nothing earth shatteringly expensive in the boxes, but they were just what was needed and had lots of useful little bits in them. We made sure everyone got a box and most of the guys wrote thankyou blueys.

All boxes have to be sent to a named individual otherwise the posties reject them. Pick a ramdom name and send them to any of the FoB's and the boys will get them.

Thanks for the boxes again, they were just what was needed.

7. For those who aren't aware, BFPO have experienced problems in the past trying to ship all these boxes to various places hot and sandy. The problem is that the boxes take up a lot of room and can actually end up delaying mail which is addressed to named soldiers. I know BFPO are working in conjuction with someone to supply care boxes, possibly to run it in the form of a charity, but I don't know too much about it tbh. I'll have a check in work tomorrow and report back asap.

8. I post stuff out to telic & Herrick on a regular basis always to named indivduals, they then share it among the other guys and girls, it sometimes only takes 3 days to get to them which ids the quickest yet, i always label them up with names of recipent & sender, customs & declaration sticker, my local post offices are very good and they even took longer than average boxes (xmas trees in before xmas, I will pm you with some names of both areas witht the Bn thats out there now, bear in mind Herick Bn will only have about 7 weeks left in theatre telic till about may,
    John