care for our boys annd girls

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by majiq1978, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :( :x it makes me so mad when i read in the papers or hear on the news about how our fellow boys and girls medical care after they are injured is ("not good enough") or some jumped up scrotum of a reporter saying that they ("should not be mixing with our NHS conterparts pt's").
    I work in the centre for defence medical excellance.......please note excellance.... on the very ward which seems to be hitting the news on a weekly basis, ive not been in the job long and coming from a CMT front line medic background it really surprised me to see what level of care our injured boys and girls are recieving from myself, collegues millitary and NHS nurses and HCA'S. the care is second to none, the welfare packages are brilliant out L O's work there arses off to provide the boys and girls who some times have the most horrific injuries the best in trying to bring them some normality into there bed ridden lives sometimes for many months it just really winds me up when some scrawny scroat who has absloutely no idea what we do on operations and what injuries are coming back on a weekly basis can generalise an oppinion on the care our troops are recieving the pt's who pass through our doors get the best possibe care we can provide right the way thruogh the whole of there treatment i say to all the sh*t bags who try form an oppion without knowing the facts to go to the careers office take the queens shilling or shut the f*&% up, and let our boys recover in peace

2. I would have been more inclined to believe you had you known how to actually spell excellence, use full stops, commas, exclamation marks, puctuation and the odd paragraph. If your unenviable level of English is an indicator of the level of 'medical excellance' I shudder! Btw and this may come as something of a revelation to you...MRSA is not short for medical excellence.

Shakes his head as he exits stage left.

ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
    WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
    ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
    WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an
    autopsy on him!

3. Please don't refer to troops as "boys and girls".

They are men and women, or soldiers, sailors, airmen or whatever.

Boys and girls implies they are kids, and although some of those who pass through Selly Oak and Headley Court are heartbreakingly young, they are all adult enough to be know and do their duty.

Pet peeve addressed. Carry on.

4. What a big headed Banker you are, my son….
    Someone I know went to a “Posh School” left at 15, can’t spell for toffees, He still doesn’t know what an explanation mark is at the age of almost 60.
    Left the Army 35 years ago, retrained in a foreign country, speaks three languages was a millionaire at age 40 retired at 50, Yes he has difficulties putting words to paper but, What the hell, I respect that man more because he is not a Pumped up tw*at that you seem to be...

Laughs as he leaves Stage.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

5. And when this paragon of capitalism wishes to consign something to paper for someone else to read does he hammer it out with a crayon and send it anyway, or does he ensure that it is spelt correctly and with the correct punctuation............

I'm willing to bet he does. :D

6. I get the feeling you haven't served for long.

'We' the old hands have complained to such an extent that something was done about the poor level of care that the troops were receiving - hence all the fuss to get things put right. And after a fashion care has improved - but its far from best level.

It is not the staff on the wards that have let the wounded down (not in the majority of cases) it has been the system. Those of us old and bold enough to remember what Military Hospitals were, and how they run remember vividly the high standards that we always achieved - this is what we expect as a minimum for the returning wounded.

So, run along little boy - and do your f**king homework before spoiting off

7. well said BP20 SECONDED.

8. I agree, BRING BACK MILITARY HOSPITALS NOW

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Sorry to puncture your balloon but for some reason I honestly find this typo hugely funny. I think I might try and use it tomorrow..

10. Unfortunately, military health care is not alone in witnessing poor quality service to patients (in the loosest sense). I'm a civilian (awaiting news on joining TA National Unit as a RMN) and the quality of care across the whole of the NHS is just not good enough. I do take issue, however, with attacking the poor bloke (or woman) who started this thread. Please don't attack the front line staff, I believe we all do the best we can with the limited resources at our disposal. Don't look at those supplying the care, we need to look at those faceless people in their offices counting those beans. To all those nurses, doctors and HCA's out there I say crack on, keep doing your best and pray to God that some day soon we get the support we need to properly look after those needing our help.

"Don't get too comfortable here, there is elsewhere"

11. Hands up all those who would like to be cared for in Tunbridge Wells ?

Forastero

My apologies, I suffer from Bratti fingers

12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Right, I'm aware I'm probably being thick here but what's Tunbridge Wells got to do with anything?

13. A lovely little NHS hospital that is now infamous for its care of patients during a C.Diff outbreak. I.E. any hospital military or civvi has the capability to be crap and give poor service