Cardigans, simple, useful and sorta manly in a librarian kinda way...discuss.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by netleyned, Jan 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been out for quite a while and have found a fondness for all things that arn't dpm'd, green, etc. I now boast 3 cardigans (not a zip in sight) in my wardrobe, anyone beat that?

2. Nope. Not even a pipe or a dressing gown. But I do own a pair of slippers (birthday present) and a Labrador. I use the slippers for taking the Labrador out to empty himself.

3. Sorry to say I've got loads of them. I realised that I was probably finally over the hill, when I started admiring cardies in M&S, mind you, they are comfy and they have useful pockets to keep stuff in.

4. Can't fault them, sitting here in mine now (plus slippers) and am quite content, thank you.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I like my cardi. Comfortable, warm and has pockets for hanky, mints & mobile phone.

Not giving a tinker's f*ck what people think of my dress sense, I have been wearing cardis since my twenties. In those days substitute phone with ciggies in the pocket!

6. There is nothing sexy about a man (of any age) wearing a cardi.

Even worse is when the said cardi is stretched over a beer belly and old, saggy and out of shape

TPBD

7. I Have a mate (yes really) who often wears a cardie & cravat to the pub, but hes italian so we let him off with being a little strange

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You seem to know me - have we met? :)

9. I hope not, I tend not to talk to strange men wearing cardi's!!

TPBD

10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Back in the early 1980's there was a brief fashion for wearing cardigans, especially the American college type with a broad white band round the middle and the letter 'Y' on it. Had to be worn with Sta-Prest trousers for the full effect.

11. Did I leave my webcam on?........

12. Well bugger I!! Thats what came to my mind as well.

13. Someone left their web cam on, and trust me it was not a pretty picture!!

TPBD

14. Shouldn't this be in Old n Bold??

15. Yep, but only one. And it's green, albeit a very dark, approaching black type of green. And why put this in old n bold? I'm sure quite a few of the youngsters, those that haven't yet stopped outside an Austin Reed shop thinking "I might look quite good in that", would find the cardi a very convenient type of garment. Just avoid anything with zips!