Cardiff Veterans day and beating the retreat 25/26 june

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by tropper66, May 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are any other Arrsers going to be at the Cardiff Vets day? If so should we try to organise somthing, like a collection for Hols4Heros
    Ideas and opinions please

2. Just found out about the beating the retreat, should be good

3. Some of the QDG are doing Berlin to Cardiff 'B2C' charity ride on cycles.
    Finish at Cardiff on June.26th.
    Donations to Army Benevolent Fund and 'LATCH' childrens luekemia/cancer fund at Cardiff Hospital.

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

If you're just going to take collecting tins, I believe you'll need some sort of licence. Probably a clever person would know, but best to check.

5. Just been released that Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwell will be attending

6. i'll be there with the kids and missus
    late fathers day treat, yay! :D

7. Should we Arrers meet up for a pint or two?

8. I'm bringing the kids down, should be a good day!

Grownup yes unless you have permission from the event then you do need a license to rattle a tin!! nothing stopping someone contacting the event organisers and asking them if we can collect for the organisation!

9. Have a 'Good-un' lads, as old BAY/KDG give HRH and Mrs.HRH my best regards!
    And welcome the Berlin to Cardiff bike riders from the QDG.
    (Donations going to Army Benevolent and 'LATCH' at Cardiff Childrens Hospital.)

10. I will be kicking off tomorrow afternoon in the Old Arcade and the Goat Magor, I can be identified by my poofy AAC blue Hols 4 Heros Tee shirt, should anyone wish to join me, dont forget your Arrse coins

11. and by god they are poofy looking :twisted:
    might see you in there if i can get away from work

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

That colour is to represent the warm blue sea experienced by our client families when they go abroad. The shirts also come in a sand colour to represent the sandy beaches. A colour theme continued in the blue/sand wristbands too.

Pooffy? I think not! Manly and Maritime are the words you seek!

13. Fair enough,just set up Tac HQ In the Goat

Attached Files: