cardiff van incident

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
T

Tremaine

What is it with Wales lately? April Jones - arrest for murder but no body, Catherine Gowing, House fires, and a mad Van driver.

BBC News - Cardiff hit-and-runs: Two of 13 hurt 'critical' as murder inquiry continues

so, some loony in a white van tries to mow down a gaggle of bystanders - succeeds with one poor sod, and puts over a dozen into hospital.

why are we not seeing the usual suspects shrieking for an immediate ban on vans and van driving?
Because there are 38 million motor vehicles in the United Kingdom and it would be an absolute waste of breath. Pretty much the same reason as their voices are just about useless in relation to firearms in the States.

And to be perfectly frank, despite being a firearms advocate, the comparison between firearms and cars has always struck me as being a tad facile.

... why are we not seeing the usual suspects shrieking for an immediate ban on vans and van driving?
Banning vans would be an unnecessary overreaction. What needs to happen is some sort of scheme needs to be set up so that all vans are registered, and all those who use them should be licensed.

BBC News - Cardiff hit-and-runs: Two of 13 hurt 'critical' as murder inquiry continues

so, some loony in a white van tries to mow down a gaggle of bystanders - succeeds with one poor sod, and puts over a dozen into hospital.

why are we not seeing the usual suspects shrieking for an immediate ban on vans and van driving?
Outside of the military, I think only the police should be allowed vans. Even then only a selected few specially trained ones who can be called on when plod in cars need a van.

Clearly the general public cant be trusted with vans. Only a few should be allowed access to Bedford Rascals or Ford Transit Connect vans, but only for members of the public who are vetted, can prove a need for them or involved in a hobbie that requires them, and they should be kept in a huge safe when not needed. Under no curcumstances should they be used for home defence.

Won't anyone think about the children?

Outside of the military, I think only the police should be allowed vans. Even then only a selected few specially trained ones who can be called on when plod in cars need a van.

Clearly the general public cant be trusted with vans. Only a few should be allowed access to Bedford Rascals or Ford Transit Connect vans, but only for members of the public who are vetted, can prove a need for them or involved in a hobbie that requires them, and they should be kept in a huge safe when not needed. Under no curcumstances should they be used for home defence.

Jimmy Savile did. All the time.:wink:

Clearly the general public cant be trusted with vans. Only a few should be allowed access to Bedford Rascals or Ford Transit Connect vans....
It must be ten years since I have seen a Bedford Rascal van or pick-up, or this version:

Are they now stored in a slate mine in North Wales, alongside the works of art, the steam locos and all that other stuff?

It must be ten years since I have seen a Bedford Rascal van or pick-up, or this version:

Are they now stored in a slate mine in North Wales, alongside the works of art, the steam locos and all that other stuff?
No. When the 1st non horse or steam powered vehicle was seen there the locals tried to have the driver burnt and they started worshipping said vehicle as a deity.

Schaden

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer

Because we're going to try to ban the Welsh first.

Btw personally I'm very happy that ******* like you can't own a handgun - which is what you're whining about isn't it?

I support the right to bear vans.

ENT_Bear_in_Truck_17.jpg

What we will see, because we almost always do, is someone copying this one day.

It's like much other stupid, idiotic behaviour. Firstly, some thick pratt who can't think for themself will copy the idea; and secondly, someone will notice the outcry and attention the incident has brought and will want some of that attention for themself. They'll probably try going one better and use a 4 x 4, or maybe go for a bigger crowd such as when a school turns out.

Afterwards the pratt will think he's clever, but he'll try comming up with some pathetic excuse for doing it. My only hope is that he carefully chooses some low-life scum bags to knock down, but that's too much to hope for.