Caravans. Should I ?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by MonkeyJim, Aug 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mrs MJ has almost convinced me to buy a caravan.

The question is; I am getting old and sad :cry: or does a caravan open up new and exciting opportunities :D ?

Kids are young, we have enjoyed static caravan hols, there will not be weekends away for just the two of us but scope does exist for walking trips with mates.

Help required in the form of positve stories or possible adventures. :?

2. Simple answer:... Don't bother... Positive Stories?! Get real mate! :D

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

No. No. No. No. No.

Apart from irritating the arrse out of other drivers as you tortoise your way around the country and the tendency to snake and tip over on dual carriageways causing traffic jams, the experience of chemical toilets, carrying water for miles, putting your bed away every morning and being hated by local people wherever they are taken, will cost your children a fortune in therapy when they grow up.

edited for mong punctuation and to add another

NO.

4. If you are thinking about it - it is too late.

Kill yourself.

5. Don't do it!!! Caravaning is the devil's holiday.

6. Pikey......

7. Sheds on frigging wheels dont you even dare consider clogging the roads up any more.

You need to educate the Mrs and tell here she isnt allowed an opinion again till she has seen the error of her ways

8. [​IMG]

9. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO etc

10. NO NO NO, you can't store the feckers anywhere, if you find a place, you have to spank the cash monthly

They are mega wobbly bits of kit, deffo not squaddie proof, all fixtures come with delicate little knobs and buttons you would twist the wrong way and snap off first time you got shanted

You hold up everyone, waving around on the motorway only to arrive in a field full of weirdos wearing either cardigans and slippers, full sleeve tatoos and wife beater vests, or snotty kids screaming after the ratty flea bitten shoiting machine which will unload in your "Bit" while you ain't looking

Plus Augusts weather should tell you something about camping in the UK

Thats a NO from me

11. God bless you all. Not one positive reply. I am obliged.
    Think I'll buy a motorbike instead and go touring around the european brothels.

12. nooooo! dont do it. kick yr missus into check and buy a shed instead, now thats a real manly thing to do.

13. Motorhomes aregood, but the prices are eye-watering, even secondhand. A Transit with a mattress and a doubleburner is the business, but I don't see your missus buying into that.