Carabine 10 meters

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ParachuteShooter91, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Guys
    anyone here shot with carabine caliber 4,5mm (air pressure) at indoor rifle range at 10 meters? I shot by 2 years and this year I'll go to the national match...

2. I believe the word you need is "rifle" ("fucile"), or in this case "air-rifle". A "carbine" ("carabina") is much shorter.

The calibre in English is ".177".

MsG

3. 10m air rifle I only do for fun now and again. Good luck with the match!

The terms rifle, musketoon and carbine are different in English than in French for example (fusil, mousqueton, carabine), I would not be surprised if the same was true for Italian.

4. thanks bugsy, air rifle is the right term, but we use the word "rifle" for the competition over 50 meters (a girl of my rifle range is in the sporting group of the army and she has won recentelly the silver medal in a match to 300 meters, and for these dicipline is use the word "rifle")

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

4,5mm air rifle (called 10m Luftgewehr in Germany and 10m Carabine air comprime in France) is the premier discipline in Germany. Standing at 10mtrs is excellent practice for 3 position smallbore off season (.22lr) and most top shooters do both.
    Its possible to get a competitive rifle for around Euro 500 used - rising to a couple of thousand plus for a new pre-charged.
    Once up and running its obviously cheaper than other disciplines in ammunition terms.
    I know of an absolutely pristine, as new condition Anschutz 2001 coming up for sale soon - if interested let me know.