Car tax question

Put your phone on speaker and leave it somewhere safe. Go about what you have to. You'll get sorted eventually. I had my Doctors' Surgery on the go for 2 hours.
Did they sort your car tax out?

Blogg

LE
Can anyone please advise?

I’m changing my car. I usually use the same brand (Merc) & I simply turn up, give them the keys and paperwork & drive out with my new one.
After being monumentally turned over by MBUK & they’ve showed no customer loyalty or used any discretion whatsoever, I’ve decided to go back to VW.

My problem is my road tax runs out on August the 31st. I use direct debit & it goes out on the 1st of every month. I’m returning my car on the 31st & picking up the VW on September the 1st.
I’ve already received an email from the DVLA telling me my tax will automatically renew, but I don’t want it to.
The only options on their website are not what I need.
Already sold the car, SORN, written off, scrapped, stolen, exported & tax exempt.

When it auto renews I’ll be paying for a car I no longer own. But the computer will think I do until it’s updated a few days later. I’ll also be charged for a months tax plus admin fees etc.

Someone else must’ve had this at some point?

1. It is your account. Cancel the Direct Debit mandate yourself.

2. Never trust DVLA with Direct Debit mandates

I think the best & easiest option is to cancel the DD with my bank. The new car will come with tax, so I don’t need it until next year.
I hadn’t thought of that simple option until it’s been pointed at on here.
Thanks.

Saves having to Wade through treacle with 2 broken legs in Swansea.

I think the best & easiest option is to cancel the DD with my bank. The new car will come with tax, so I don’t need it until next year.
I hadn’t thought of that simple option until it’s been pointed at on here.
Thanks.

Saves having to Wade through treacle with 2 broken legs in Swansea.
That's quite alright. No need to thank me.

Stinkhole

Clanker
But I won’t be driving, or even have possession of the car after Aug 31st. I will, however be charged for Septembers tax plus fees.
I get where you’re coming from but DVLA don’t know that you’re changing you’re car so the road tax will still be due to be paid. Once you change car the slip that you sign on the V5 will be sent in (or your dealer does it online) & the credit comes back to you. No fees are paid, so not sure why your getting charged admin fees?

Truxx

LE
I get where you’re coming from but DVLA don’t know that you’re changing you’re car so the road tax will still be due to be paid. Once you change car the slip that you sign on the V5 will be sent in (or your dealer does it online) & the credit comes back to you. No fees are paid, so not sure why your getting charged admin fees?
You can do it online yourself, don't need no dealer to do it blud.

The fees are direct debit handling fees and one months tax (September). You only get refunds on full months.
I’ve cancelled the DD with the bank now, so they won’t be able to take any dough.

Can anyone please advise?

I’m changing my car. I usually use the same brand (Merc) & I simply turn up, give them the keys and paperwork & drive out with my new one.
After being monumentally turned over by MBUK & they’ve showed no customer loyalty or used any discretion whatsoever, I’ve decided to go back to VW.

My problem is my road tax runs out on August the 31st. I use direct debit & it goes out on the 1st of every month. I’m returning my car on the 31st & picking up the VW on September the 1st.
I’ve already received an email from the DVLA telling me my tax will automatically renew, but I don’t want it to.
The only options on their website are not what I need.
Already sold the car, SORN, written off, scrapped, stolen, exported & tax exempt.

When it auto renews I’ll be paying for a car I no longer own. But the computer will think I do until it’s updated a few days later. I’ll also be charged for a months tax plus admin fees etc.

Someone else must’ve had this at some point?
Cancel the direct debit.

And learn to use your indicators, speed limits are a limit not a target and no, I'm not going to let you or BMW drivers out.

Latest Threads