Car sale email. Con or not?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by GWKITCH, Jun 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, just a quick one to see if this "seller" is legit or not. As i'am no longer in can anyone tell me if this is for real or a scam see the following email i have been sent after enquiring about car for sale.
    Cheers GWKITCH.

First of all sorry for the delay i am in the army service and I was away for a few days, I hope you are still interested in my 2006 VW TOURAN with 42,000 miles. The general condition is excellent with no cosmetic complaints really worth
    comment. The car it is in showroom condition, no scratches, no dents, full service history, HPI clear, no outstanding finance, non-smoking, never involved in any accident.

Details of the car:
    Touran 2.0 TDI Sport Dsg 7-seat finished in Deep Black with anthracite tara cloth interior. Specification includes 16in alloy wheels, alarm, anti-lock brakes, climate control, computer, cruise control, driver, passenger and front side air bags, driver/passenger seat height adjustment, driver/passenger seat lumbar support, electric/heated door mirrors, electronic stability programme, front armrest, front fog lights, front/rear electric windows, front/rear head restraints, immobiliser The reg is DV56KRZ

I want to tell you that I'm member in the British Forces and for the moment I'm in Hungary!
    Price was reduced to 2,500 GBP (URGENT SALE) as I need to sell it in 2 weeks because I will leave with other troops in Afghanistan .
    In order to sell my car, the financial part will be handled by eBay Sopping Services. This service was made only for British Forces members!
    With this service you will have 48 hours available for inspection of the car. This way, both of us will be 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
    If you are really interested in buying my car, make sure that you really have the cash available!
    I will open a transaction with eBay and they will contact and will explain you the steps of this transaction.
    At the moment I'm stationed at Budapest AGS an British Military AFB in Budapest,Hungary making final preparations before deploying to Afghanistan with the British Convoy.
    The car is already crated and ready to be delivered to it's new owner at our Military base from Preston, England in the Logistic Department. The Logistic Department will deliver the car to your home. Since the car is in a military base, you can't go there to take it, only the Logistics Department can deliver it, because it's in their custody.
    Shipping may take anywhere between 5-7 business days depending on the destination. All documents you need for ownership, log book , manuals and bill of sale will be provided along with the vehicle.
    For the payment I would like to use eBay as a third party. They will keep your money into a protection account until you get and inspect the vehicle. I receive the money only after the inspection period is over and you agree to keep the car. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the car before committing to buy and
    to eliminate any concerns you will have 2 days to inspect it. If you decide not to keep it eBay will refund your money back, no questions asked, and taking it back will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for both of us.
    I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will contact you about this. If you are interested in buying it just mail me back with:
    - Your Full Name - Required by eBay (You'll receive important guidelines + instructions from them.)
    - Your Delivery Address - Required by the eBay and Logistics Department (They will contact you by email with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day ahead so you can communicate what time schedule work best for your to receive the car)
    Again I want to point out that because I am going to Afghanistan this sale is my top priority and I am looking after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
    I preferred to talk all the transaction details by the phone but beeing in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan gives me no access access to the phone for the next 2 weeks
    Thanks, hope to do business with you soon!
    Army nurse Corporal : Daniel McCoy

Thanks for any help received.
  2. blag,

Can you not tell?
  3. Army nurse Corporal?? Sounds fishy to me, but to be honest, I've no idea?
  4. shite Wah. Tsk Tsk
  5. smudge you cntsplash 'course its a blag don't put any doubt in the halfwits mind LOL

Otherwise it'll be, British soldier war hero ripped of in bogus car blag in the daily wail

get you Wah definition straight fella
  6. I'll buy it - got any contact details?
  7. The deal sounds to good to be true. I know your stuff goes into storage when on postings/ops but would you have your car crated and delivered for you?

GWKITCH :(
  8. Learn what a fcuking Wah is will you.
  9. nope
  10. You`re kidding me right ? Just find another car FFS.
  11. Cheers lads thought it was to good to be true just needed to get rid of that small seed of doubt.

12. I am obviously too bone for words. Surely GWKITCH, in his initial post, could have been initiating a wah, inasmuch as nobody, but nobody, could have fallen for the e-mail? Thereby if he received a post on this thread advising him not to buy the car, then he has, by definition, executed a text book wah? :?

It's been a long day, and my head hurts 8O

Shield up, visor down, running lines form........
  13. No, asking a bone question isn't really a textbook wah. A textbook wah would be standing in a paint shop, and asking someone if they had seen any paint around
  14. GWKITCH if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is! This started in Spain - putting adverts in the Autotrader for really nice (cheap) cars e.g BMW 6series Convertible for £12000, always strangely right hand drive. Nice long hard luck story and an account where you can put your cash. They will even drive it over!

Pound to a pinch of shite if you Google his email address up you will get some strange results