Car parking in West or Central London

Discussion in 'Travel' started by hairyhandbag, Feb 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,

Me and Mrs HH are going to do a mad dash to London this coming saturday.
    Will be coming down the M4 entrance and would like to know if and where there are any secure parking facilities in the west or central. Parking will be for approx 12-14 hours, arriving 0800 ish. (Rough cost would be ideal) All replies most welcome.

2. I've used this site (and others like it):

park at my house

I tend to use them for concerts etc as it's better than queing for hours to get out of a multistorey.
  3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

You are honestly better off getting a train. Trainline do the best deals.
  4. There is an NCP car park on Great Cumberland Place,opposite the Marble Arch. That is convenient for you,but you will have to find out prices as i never bring my vehicle into the city.
    It is a secure place for your car. Worth having a look i think.

Sorry i cant help more.
  5. I park under Hyde Park corner (entrance off Park Lane). About £25 for a day, but there is a free shuttle to Selfridges included, and it seems well secured. Very easy for M4 access. Not cheap, but it is London.

That having been said, I'd follow the advice of the Mysteron above - it's much less likely to be a pain in the chuckies with using the train. If you know which train co runs from your area into London you can avoid the ridiculously arbitary £1 booking fee (and subsequent credit card fee(s)) by booking via their website.
  7. I have just looked at the NCP and it is £20 a day from the sign outside. It is known as the Marble Arch if you do google it.
  8. If you pm me, I'll sort for you. No charge.
  9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Tube. But don't wear a rucksack.
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You will get to park for free for most of the day, usually on top of the Hammersmith Flyover as you attempt to get in to West London.

If you really must drive, try and park as far out as you can and get the train/tube in.
  11. Gents, many thanks for the replies

The train is very expensive from Exeter so will probably park outside the congestion zone and tube in.

Once again thanks

12. There's no congestion zone charges on week-ends as a matter of interest.
  13. Cheers for that snippet Alec did not realise that one. Normally travel to London by Chav Express so never bothered with zone thingy
  14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Try areas around the far end of the Central line - it will only be a 20 minute tube journey at most into the heart of the west end.
  15. Check the availability of the 'Tubes' at week-ends. Many of the lines are on part closures at w/ends for refurbishments.