Car parking in West or Central London

All,

Me and Mrs HH are going to do a mad dash to London this coming saturday.
Will be coming down the M4 entrance and would like to know if and where there are any secure parking facilities in the west or central. Parking will be for approx 12-14 hours, arriving 0800 ish. (Rough cost would be ideal) All replies most welcome.

HH

I've used this site (and others like it):

park at my house

I tend to use them for concerts etc as it's better than queing for hours to get out of a multistorey.

There is an NCP car park on Great Cumberland Place,opposite the Marble Arch. That is convenient for you,but you will have to find out prices as i never bring my vehicle into the city.
It is a secure place for your car. Worth having a look i think.

Sorry i cant help more.

I park under Hyde Park corner (entrance off Park Lane). About £25 for a day, but there is a free shuttle to Selfridges included, and it seems well secured. Very easy for M4 access. Not cheap, but it is London.

I have just looked at the NCP and it is £20 a day from the sign outside. It is known as the Marble Arch if you do google it.

If you pm me, I'll sort for you. No charge.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Tube. But don't wear a rucksack.

The_Duke

LE
You will get to park for free for most of the day, usually on top of the Hammersmith Flyover as you attempt to get in to West London.

If you really must drive, try and park as far out as you can and get the train/tube in.

Gents, many thanks for the replies

The train is very expensive from Exeter so will probably park outside the congestion zone and tube in.

Once again thanks

HH

hairyhandbag said:

The train is very expensive from Exeter so will probably park outside the congestion zone and tube in.

Once again thanks

HH
There's no congestion zone charges on week-ends as a matter of interest.

Cheers for that snippet Alec did not realise that one. Normally travel to London by Chav Express so never bothered with zone thingy

The_Duke

LE
hairyhandbag said:

Once again thanks

HH
Try areas around the far end of the Central line - it will only be a 20 minute tube journey at most into the heart of the west end.

Check the availability of the 'Tubes' at week-ends. Many of the lines are on part closures at w/ends for refurbishments.

This has appeared on our daily orders a few times. I've omitted the contact number but will happily provide it if you want it via PM.

SERVICE PERSONNEL CHEAP CAR PARKING AT HEATHROW (LHR). ID-carrying Service personnel, travelling for duty or personal reasons, can use the Cavalry Barracks at Hounslow for car parking at only £1 a day (which goes to an Army charity). The Barracks (Postcode TW4 6HD) is approximately 3 Miles to the East of LHR, clearly marked on an A-Z and is just off the A3006. You can call a taxi or take the tube directly to LHR from Hounslow West Tube Station. There is no need to book your car into the car park but if you want to contact the Guardroom. You will be expected to leave your keys with the Guardroom in an envelope detailing name, rank, service address, car details and expected date of return.

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Parking in the City (curb side parking bays) is free from 1400hrs Saturday until 0700hrs Monday.
To save money, there a few little quiet roads just off of Fleet St where there isn't much traffic and it is probably just as secure as anywhere else.

There are a few Arrsers living in the London area, so one of them may be able to offer some parking where they live, if your lucky.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'll post you a photocopy of me Auntie Dulcies disabled badge if you want? Just park anywhere. Remember to park like you're disabled? Or get your bird to park it for you - same thing.

Lets say a tenner? Cash'll do nicely, cheers.