car lisence

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by tangl1, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey fellas, as i'm goin in the RA i'll be taught to drive quite soon i'm wondering how fast you learn and do you get your plass plus or and advanced driving test?

cheers for any info

2. My bold, "how fast you learn is up to you I would've thought".

3. well i thought it was like a course spaced out over so man weeks? but you can pass in a day if you were good enuf? and is it jus a normal driving licence pass? or a pass plus or anything like tht? thanks

4. Maybe I'm getting old but what the hells a pass plus? and the course is spaced out over a period of time, but it all depends on how quick you learn as to when your instructor puts you in for your test.

5. It's not a race :roll:

Learn at your own speed and gain the experience. Anyone can pass the test, but it's the experience you need. It is a basic course, that produces a basic car license.

You will - or should be - required to do conversion courses onto any vehicles you have not driven; whether you hold the license or not, is irrelevent.*

Also, please invest in a keyboard that has all the keys. thanks. :roll:

* This may have changed since I served.

6. No,

Bog standard cat B plus any further cat licenses and conversions required for vehicles you may use in your employment role, If you were hoping for some kind of advanced driving/lower insurance quote making uber license the answer is unlucky, certain roles within the Army provide you with qualifications that may benefit your driving/insurance in civvy street but not at your current level.

Hope this helps.

7. yer great help guys! =D i jus didn't know how it worked in army compared to civvi street but its all good!

8. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

4 hours.

9. When i went to Leconfield in 2002 to learn to drive the course was one week long driving all day and went like this:

Mon- Intro to car, first drive
    Tue- Practise turns in road, parallel parking etc
    Wed- Took first test, failed- 2 dangerous, 2 serious 18 minors
    Thur- Retest- failed- 2 serious 5 minors
    Fri- Passed- 14 Minors

To be honest i think they teach you to pass the test not how to drive, antway im still a mong driver now!!!

10. Anyone suspect a "WAH"