car insurance quote but dont know postcode just bfpo germany

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by faction, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im based in hohne garrison bfpo 30. Im trying to get a car insurance quote from axa but it says the bfpo is an invalid postcode. Tried searching for the postcode of this camp online but no luck

can anyone help?

its hohne garrison, hohne, 7 amd bde, germany bfpo30
  2. i found this postcode 29303 which is a road just outside of the camp but it doesnt except it either.

is there an axa website for car insurance that excepts german postcodes or bfpo so i can get an online quote or it is only possible via phone?
  3. IIRC

There were only a few companies that did insurance for BFG vehicles, done through NAAFI Financial
  4. Try TFI ( The Forces Insurance service). I was with them for 3 years when I was in BFG. They accept BFPO and they have a freephone number for Germany (0800 181 6679) as well as UK.
  5. seconded. IIRC, it was founded by an ex-serviceman and they give you pan euro cover, so no need for a green card.
  6. Clayton

Forces Financial has a branch in Hohne so you could call by, get a motor insurance quote and, if you take out a policy, walk away with your policy documents there and then. We have a special offer on motor insurance at the moment - £25 cash back – so it’s worth checking out. Alternatively call 00800 11 22 33 01 free from BFG, or click the link at the top of the Forum and go to our website.

Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL
  7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

if you still need it - it's 29362
  8. Hi I am Chris(ex forces...RAMC then Int Corps) based in JHQ. I am an agent for TFinsurance so you, or anyone else, can give me a ring on xxxxxxxxxx and we can sort out any Insurance quotes or questions that you may have. I have been in this game for 8 years (previously at AXA) so i know my stuff.

Mod edit: Anyone posting on behalf of an insurer or other commercial entity must comply with site rules; no advertising is allowed.
  9. 25 quid cashback, wonderful; how many times over will a young soldier pay for that I wonder? :(

Best bet mate go for TFI or try Norwich union in the UK. If you get house or kit insurance with them as well, you'll save even more; my wife and I had 50% knocked off the price of our car insurance as we have home and contents insurance with them as well as personal injury insurance.

Nope, I do not work for them. I'm an I.T. God :D
  10. ALBINGIA VERSICHERUNG used to be a cheap German insurance firm that insured BAG vehicles. I think NAAFI are underwritten by NU who I've always found to be expensive. I never understood why private vehicles had to pass a BFG test and have BFG plates when they were insured with a green card. Anyone?
  11. just found an axa insurance based on camp.

they quoted me $147 a month :D
    when i tried forces financial on the online quote i was quoted £300 a month
    and a £400deposit

im a 20 year old new driver looking to insure peugeot 206 1200cc year 2000

i think that axa deal sounds prity good tbh
  12. TFI is well expensive, LVM is a german company which is very good
  13. My name is Chris at JHQ(see my earlier post)-I have a quote for you...123.24 third party fire & theft(Euro's) if you are intereted give me a ring on Germany xxxxxxxx. The AXA quote will also be tpf&theft.

Mod edit: no advertising.
  14. do you have a reference number for that quote that u can pm me plz? Reason being i wont be getting the insurance until december and id like to keep record of that quote.
    i have one from axa for this purpose already.
    Also could you pm me your contact number?

15. You could also try Axa Colonial through O'Girke's, I have my insurance through them and it's dirt cheap.