Car hires a bit steep at Newcastle airport

Unlimited mileage though.

Unlike my company car lease. Ive exceeded this years allowance (assuming the overall mileage is divided out equally over the three years) since November

Theft protection included? For that price it had better be 4 tooled up ex-sas blokes in the boot.
It translates to 'you get a set of keys'

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
You may as well buy the car at that price. Then sell (or keep) it.

I wonder how many bookings they will get-or not.

I highly recommend zestcarrental.com based in Norwich. I have no connection with this company other than being a regular customer for over 10 years. Hiring a car in Cyprus at about half the rate including Collision Damage Waiver takes some beating. They also arrange hire in most of Europe, but I don't know if this includes CDW. The CDW in Cyprus is because UK also drives on the left and the accident rate is much lower than other Europeans. In Cyprus they deal with most of the car hire Companies and have a fair fuel policy - bring the car back with the same amount of fuel.
Try a sample quote and be pleasantly surprised!

Just , well 4 weeks ago had to hire a car from Florence airport.

Went to the Avis desk showing my Avis preferred card .

I asked for a car for two weeks starting today.

Git on counter says “1500 euro” .

I say your site says 400 ?

Ok try to book it them sir.

No can do as it’s after 1200.

I just booked it for the next day at the 400 euro price.

However as this took a while I was hearing all the banter from the desk.

Every Avis worker X4 were not progressing with any order without haranguing the customers about extra insurance as the basic was basic and I mean every customer was waiting in a bloody hot shitty little portacabin with no AirCon at 32 C plus.

Still the next day when I got my Alfa Romeo Guiletta with only 359 km on the clock I was quite pleased.

On my return however the young man receiving me had to call for assistance as the return km of 5200 seemed to be a shock to him. As was the state of the front of the car. Never new there were so many insects in Switzerland, France and the UK. Even driving through a storm only washed them off the windscreen.

No damage but a real state.

I always found if you picked them up at the airport it was much more expensive then using a firm, who is say 2 miles down the road. It is a faff but worked out cheaper

Still the next day when I got my Alfa Romeo Guiletta with only 359 km on the clock I was quite pleased.

On my return however the young man receiving me had to call for assistance as the return km of 5200 seemed to be a shock to him. As was the state of the front of the car. .
You didn't... did you?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Unlimited mileage though.

Unlike my company car lease. Ive exceeded this years allowance (assuming the overall mileage is divided out equally over the three years) since November
I found myself in the same position some years back, , they wanted the excess mileage as an annual thing. In those days it was 36k over 3 years. I think I was in the mid 20k after year one.
They wanted that difference.

They were told I'd settle up after the 36 months, whatever the mileage was. And we fought that one for ages.
The motor was turned into a shopping trolley, school runs and shopping.(which is the fastest way to destroy a car) and they got it back under 36k. Unmarked, but fit for nothing. As soon as anyone used it for normal driving it was going to pack in.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We've been lucky. The dame for some weird reason likes early morning flights which means we get in somewhere at sparrowfart.

Our chosen vehicle hadn't been cleaned. I was just about to say 'Don't worry about it' when the chap said the only other automatic was next one up. And because of the inconvenience we could have it for the same rate.
That's what got me into Mercs. One place had A class versions, that was thrashed from one end of the country to the other.
The trick seems to be get in before the cleaners, that's happened a few times. Maybe they just like the dame.

The other classic was a loaded Renault 5. It went from airport to funeral and return flat out in third, never seen anything like it before or since. Set it back. Went home, never heard another word.

We've been lucky. The dame for some weird reason likes early morning flights which means we get in somewhere at sparrowfart.

Our chosen vehicle hadn't been cleaned. I was just about to say 'Don't worry about it' when the chap said the only other automatic was next one up. And because of the inconvenience we could have it for the same rate.
That's what got me into Mercs. One place had A class versions, that was thrashed from one end of the country to the other.
The trick seems to be get in before the cleaners, that's happened a few times. Maybe they just like the dame.

The other classic was a loaded Renault 5. It went from airport to funeral and return flat out in third, never seen anything like it before or since. Set it back. Went home, never heard another word.
Nothing revs like a rental!
I've torn a few through their own ********* before.
The joys of altitude driving - you have to keep the revs up close to the redline to get anywhere in a shitbox Hertz-fodder Group A car.