Car Hire Help

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Spr_og, Oct 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to get a fairly cheap, under a hundred quid, hire car to go home for a few days after a course in Nov. I've got a hire car (through movers) to take me as far back as the airport but got to hand this back before continuing my journey home for a few days. I googled a few discount codes but apparently people are getting caught out cos you've got to show entitlement like a membership card for whoever's code it is.

Oh, and I don't have a credit card cos I cut it up a few months back in an effort to watch my money a bit better!! What a sheeps!

So I guess my question is, do you reckon the hire company the movers have booked will let me pay the extra and keep the car for a few extra days or would it get billed back to regiment??

Can't get the train either cos it'll be too late, I could get someone to pick me up but again I don't want to f**k anyone around when it's late. Forces discount has a couple of companies on but they're both around brize.

Anyone got any bargains recently? Or managed to keep a car a bit longer without any dramas??

2. Van Hire in the UK - Northgate Vehicle Hire sorted me a spankers fiesta ghia x 1.6l Thursday til Tuesday morning £100 :) Originally booked through the Andover office for a Friday pm pick up they let me collect Thursday morning for no extra cost. (They also dropped me off after returning it - Quality service and I'll be using them again.)

They have offices in Andover, Aldershot, Egham, Southampton, Hove & Portsmouth.
  3. He hasn't got a credit card - thicky.

OP - Try speaking to the car hire people at the airport and see if they will take the cash off you. Pull their heart strings.
  4. Then leave a cheque or cash deposit. :)
  5. Yeah think that's the best bet too, spoke to our CC today and asked him what the score would be if they just billed the regiment the extra but go straight to the RAO when I get back and say it was a admin error and pay the extra he doesn't think they'd be that bothered as long as I do pay it back straight away.

But I will try the heart strings approach first!!
  6. -Enterprise do a billy basic (think Ford Ka with tape deck!) weekend hire for ?33, friday till monday. you only need a debit card for the ?100 deposit. ask them for their weekend special. they will even pick you up and drop you off (within reason!)
    i use them most weekend's and found them to be faultless.