Car for an Officer

Suitable officer car???

I believe that it should be a Golf TDI (in silver) for the young officers, the Volvo estate for the pad officers, a little sporty number for those who are 'newly single' and a bike for the retired officers!

I know that there are some ARRSE officers out there that have had Subarus (with nice dump valves) and MR2 types with massive spoilers - I believe the latter was banned from a Mess in Tidworth!

Any thoughts/ stories? Anyone come across any shiny Novas/ Clios with body kits and massive spoilers?

GBTD

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
At one point I thought that Sandhurst were issuing Audi A3's to all new subbies.

P

PrinceAlbert

A couple of the young officers at 2RGJ bought an old VW and painted it DPM, even putting the "V" stripes on the side in tape. Bless 'em.

An Adj at 45 early 90's had a Moggy Minor.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We had an officer at 3RGJ in late 60s who had a Ford GT40. Here, at an ATR, they favour Peugeot chav mobiles.

Any officer seen in his/her diesel car should be shot, too pikey.

Nothing new, or diesel (apart from County), or eco-friendly, or anything that the untermensch would plump for - eg Ford, Renault, Peugeot etc.

Alsacien

MIA
Austin Healey's
Jensen Interceptor
Triumph TR's <6

Anything so old that you need to wear sheepskin, leather and goggles is of course the ultimate - especially if the family can cough for a vintage Bentley....

Show some class chaps :D

My boss comes to work in either a Range Rover Vogue, Landrover Disco or Z3 she chooses whichever which one from her dads fleet at the weekend and drives it for the rest of the week. However this week none of the fleet were available so she had to borrow her brother's car. Her brother races tour cars for Renault and so gets given a "driving car" as well as a competition car. So she turned up this week in a Renault Clio, plus body kit, silly exhaust, stickers and lord knows what else. In answer to the raised eyebrows the only thing should come up with was "well it's nippy".

I am turning up to the RMA in September and will be driving a well used, battered old Discovery complete with traces of straw and pheasant feather lined interior.

I could have taken a 3 year old L200 Animal but my Fiancée was adamant that she would not be going to work in the Disco!

heyho - hopefully people will respect it for what it is ...... a giant wardrobe on wheels!

Alsacien

MIA
Danielsonson said:
I am turning up to the RMA in September and will be driving a well used, battered old Discovery complete with traces of straw and pheasant feather lined interior.
Absolutely fine, you will do well I am sure . :wink:

For a real officer (Guards or Cavalry) its got to be a clapped out Ford Fiesta at least 10 years old.

One should not flaunt one's wealth in front of the men!

Irish Gds Adjt in BAOR used to drive a top of the top of the range Rolls Royce drophead. Found me admiring it one day and asked me what I thought about it. I replied that one would surely get a lot of potatoes in the back of it. Relationship cooled somewhat.

Latest Threads