Car for an Officer

Discussion in 'Officers' started by goatbagthedruid, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Suitable officer car???

I believe that it should be a Golf TDI (in silver) for the young officers, the Volvo estate for the pad officers, a little sporty number for those who are 'newly single' and a bike for the retired officers!

I know that there are some ARRSE officers out there that have had Subarus (with nice dump valves) and MR2 types with massive spoilers - I believe the latter was banned from a Mess in Tidworth!

Any thoughts/ stories? Anyone come across any shiny Novas/ Clios with body kits and massive spoilers?

GBTD

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

At one point I thought that Sandhurst were issuing Audi A3's to all new subbies.

3. A couple of the young officers at 2RGJ bought an old VW and painted it DPM, even putting the "V" stripes on the side in tape. Bless 'em.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Must be British.
    Extra points awarded for class and eccentricity.

5. An Adj at 45 early 90's had a Moggy Minor.

6. Is a Mk2 Mondeo up to snuff?

Its a Ghia with full leather interior

7. Morgan +4

8. Range Rover anyone !!!!!

9. 2CV, Trabant or Wartburg? Mmmm...tasty!

10. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

We had an officer at 3RGJ in late 60s who had a Ford GT40. Here, at an ATR, they favour Peugeot chav mobiles.

11. Any officer seen in his/her diesel car should be shot, too pikey.

12. A staff car, surely, with uniformed driver?

And one of those pennants on the front...

Litotes

13. Nothing new, or diesel (apart from County), or eco-friendly, or anything that the untermensch would plump for - eg Ford, Renault, Peugeot etc.

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Austin Healey's
    Jensen Interceptor
    Triumph TR's <6

Anything so old that you need to wear sheepskin, leather and goggles is of course the ultimate - especially if the family can cough for a vintage Bentley....

Show some class chaps :D