Capturing a Film Scene for Video/Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by beagleboy, Nov 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I humbly prostrate myself at the high alter of all those who know about film editing thingy stuff stuff stuff. Yeah, I've had a search but be fucked looking through every thread.

Anyway, grand exultant ones, how do you.....or is there some sorta softwarery thingy stuff that if say I want to 'capture' a portion of a film for a lesson (death by powerpoint), or for posting here for my esteemed arrsers, what/how/where/who is it? Err........acknowledgements given to film production house for their grateful donation of their film.

2. Where is the film you want to 'sample' coming from - YouTube or elsewhere on t'interweb, or VCD/DVD in your disc drive?

3. From my vast array of war DVD's. Allegedly.

Better add a bit of flesh to bones here. Basically, if there is a scene....oh, I dunno, say in The Odd Angry Shot, and I want to 'capture' a brief 30 seconds of a scene then add it to a PP presentation, or as stated here for my 'mates' how/what etc.

4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

try camstudio you can chop out a lump of film then recode it to fit. not too hard either. you can practise on cam sites.

5. Grumblegrunt

joe - who is the young lady in the gif?

6. According to the word picture below - 'From Carry on Girls, 1973'. Aaaaah, another 70's lass. No ******* 'bolt ons' there, just how the 'maker' intended.

7. Don't know her name, but just found out the clip is from "Carry on Girls".

Beagleboy - if you are running Windows 7 then Windows Movie Maker (which comes with Windows 7) might do the trick -

Movie Maker Video Editing Tutorial - YouTube

8. Grumblegrunt

margaret nolan/vicky kennedy. glamour model as well - apparently.

9. Thread drift alert - but who ******* cares, good drills there 'Grumbler' me ol' cock sparra.

10. Grumblegrunt

well to be fair we have given you two solutions so we had to stick some lady action in there somewhere :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Basicly lads he just wants a moneyshot over some birds face.... Surley someone here can help the poor bloke ????

12. Talk about beating about the bush ffs,

13. Hypercam is good. Slightly processor hungry on older machines though (some non dual core computers struggle with it). Can freeze the computer up - in which case, right click on it in the taskbar, and click restore, so that you can tell it to stop recording when you've got what you want.

Not sure what they mean about microphone - mine hasn't got one connected and it still records sound.

HyperCam Site

14. Yes, I do humbly acknowledge the support and direction you have given me. And, like the simple grunt that I am I'll get lost in the instructions or **** it up royally then just head off to the pub. :)

15. Camtasia Studio - CNET Download.com

This is a good screen capture. You can record portion of the screen and the sections of film you want.

As to editing software, never a media pro about when you want one.