• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Captian Of England

Is Beckam The Best Person For The Job

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Beckham as Captain is he really our only option or is this some cynical publicity job to win the backing of Jack Warner, the FIFA vice-president who heads Caribbean football, for their bid to host the World Cup in 2018

Cannot really say wether he or any of the others are the best or worst option for the job, perhaps if one of them acted as if they were a leader not an overpaid primadonna, and perhaps set an example to follow that would be the one to choose, a bit like Bobby Moore, and in his early days Kevin Keegan

The only criteria for the England Captain's job should be;

1. He should be squeaky clean. No history of beating people up outside clubs, missing drugs tests, etc.

2. He should actually make an attempt to sort out the team when the chips are down. (It's easy to be the captain when you're 5-0 up)

These two main qualities should be enough for the rest of the team to aspire to and, in time, improve their own performances.

I can only really see Gerrard, Terry, or Barry fitting the profile (although Gerrard is a bit quiet), so to give it to Ferdinand and Beckham is a waste of time.

boelynbulldog said:
Cannot really say wether he or any of the others are the best or worst option for the job, perhaps if one of them acted as if they were a leader not an overpaid primadonna, and perhaps set an example to follow that would be the one to choose, a bit like Bobby Moore, and in his early days Kevin Keegan
Beckham looks a tart with all his visible tattoos, hardly a role model unless one aspires to look like him or Amy Winehouse. Rio Ferdinand would be the best captain for England of this recent mob. Ferdinand seems to outgrown his hip-hop, look-at-me-I'm-a-cnut years and is maturing into a decent footballer.

O2Thief said:
boelynbulldog said:
Beckham looks a tart with all his visible tattoos, hardly a role model unless one aspires to look like him or Amy Winehouse. Rio Ferdinand would be the best captain for England of this recent mob. Ferdinand seems to outgrown his hip-hop, look-at-me-I'm-a-cnut years and is maturing into a decent footballer.
Ferdinand = Abe Simpson

Complete throbber and didn't do too well tonight against the mighty soca-warriors (although Calamity James didn't help 8O )

Latest Threads