Captian Of England

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Pox_Dr, Jun 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Beckham as Captain is he really our only option or is this some cynical publicity job to win the backing of Jack Warner, the FIFA vice-president who heads Caribbean football, for their bid to host the World Cup in 2018
  2. Publicity stunt - end off
  3. Cannot really say wether he or any of the others are the best or worst option for the job, perhaps if one of them acted as if they were a leader not an overpaid primadonna, and perhaps set an example to follow that would be the one to choose, a bit like Bobby Moore, and in his early days Kevin Keegan
  4. The only criteria for the England Captain's job should be;

1. He should be squeaky clean. No history of beating people up outside clubs, missing drugs tests, etc.

2. He should actually make an attempt to sort out the team when the chips are down. (It's easy to be the captain when you're 5-0 up)

These two main qualities should be enough for the rest of the team to aspire to and, in time, improve their own performances.

I can only really see Gerrard, Terry, or Barry fitting the profile (although Gerrard is a bit quiet), so to give it to Ferdinand and Beckham is a waste of time.
  5. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

sure not beckham :x

terry or gerrard - fine
  6. what next billy wright ????
  7. Beckham looks a tart with all his visible tattoos, hardly a role model unless one aspires to look like him or Amy Winehouse. Rio Ferdinand would be the best captain for England of this recent mob. Ferdinand seems to outgrown his hip-hop, look-at-me-I'm-a-cnut years and is maturing into a decent footballer.
  8. Ferdinand = Abe Simpson

Complete throbber and didn't do too well tonight against the mighty soca-warriors (although Calamity James didn't help 8O )